I have been having reception issues since I got my Tour 3 days ago, aside from choosing 1XRV over Global I changed the other option too Home Only and my -110 signal has held for 20 minutes at -89. Try it and see if it helps you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 09:19 PM
    I dont think that has anything to do with signal reception. I may be wrong

08-08-09 09:55 PM
    I have been having reception issues since I got my Tour 3 days ago, aside from choosing 1XRV over Global I changed the other option too Home Only and my -110 signal has held for 20 minutes at -89. Try it and see if it helps you.

You may not want to keep it at home only. I am not sure, but typically home is for your local towers (whatever your phone is set to). Should you leave the area you may have issues.

Not sure why people are having reception issues. I have none. Are you actually dropping calls? Are you able to make all calls? I ask because it is common for phones to jump around. Making and holding a clear call is what matters.
    08-08-09 09:58 PM
    To be honest I'm not really dropping calls but I have been having issues with data due to my signal emails are really delayed when I have no bars and I am unable to load web pages when my phone shows next to no signal, I realize that you are not to assume that the signal bars are a great indication of what reception you have (this applies to all phones) not just BB but in my experience they are a pretty good guide.

08-08-09 10:16 PM
    my reception is 30 % worse with the tour than my curve

I get dropped calls and broken up conversations where I never had one on my curve

I called vz today and the tech rep said she had not heard of this issue and told me it muxt be the device and sent me a new one.

I hope it was the device but I doubt it.
    08-08-09 10:18 PM
    my reception is 30 % worse with the tour than my curve

I get dropped calls and broken up conversations where I never had one on my curve

I called vz today and the tech rep said she had not heard of this issue and told me it muxt be the device and sent me a new one.

I hope it was the device but I doubt it.
    I had the same problems (weaker signal, dropped calls), got it replaced and it is better than my 8330 was. Hope you have the same luck with your replacement
    08-08-09 10:30 PM
    When I talked to VZN yesterday about signal, dropped calls, conversations cutting in and out, I was told it would be a problem until they got all the Alltel towers switched over to VZN. I was told to give it another month or so and reception should be back to what it was prior.
    08-08-09 10:55 PM
    When I talked to VZN yesterday about signal, dropped calls, conversations cutting in and out, I was told it would be a problem until they got all the Alltel towers switched over to VZN. I was told to give it another month or so and reception should be back to what it was prior.
    Sounds like a canned answer to get us newbies to stay for 30 days to make sure we are locked in.
    08-08-09 11:29 PM
    Sounds like a canned answer to get us newbies to stay for 30 days to make sure we are locked in.
    the "canned" answer is usually: "you need to do a *228 and press option 2 to update your roaming list..."
    08-09-09 12:02 AM
    This is a phone issue, plain and simple. I had standard handhelds for years and have been on Verizon for years, and sitting in my house I NEVER had issues with reception until I got the BB. I drop calls all the time in my house; never did it before. But outside, I am pretty good to go. Either way, it's a simple inconvenience, since I much rather would have the BB than a plain 'ol cell any day of the week. Blackberry needs to improve their internal antennas- it isn't Verizon's network. If Verizon is blaming it on the Alltel switch, they're blowing smoke up your a**.
    08-09-09 01:00 AM
    the "canned" answer is usually: "you need to do a *228 and press option 2 to update your roaming list..."
    Guess the rep couldn't give me that canned answer because I said I had already done that and it stopped dropping the calls but now it just keeps cutting in and out.
    08-09-09 07:52 AM
    This is a phone issue, plain and simple. Blackberry needs to improve their internal antennas- it isn't Verizon's network. If Verizon is blaming it on the Alltel switch, they're blowing smoke up your a**.
    Interesting. I always had trouble with dropped calls with my nonBlackBerry phone but only at the stop sign by my house. There is a cell tower on the neighbors farm and it sits about 1000 yards from the stop sign. I would always drop the call there. Now with BB it just cuts in and out all the way down both roads. Why wouldn't VZN just blame it on BB then?
    If Verizon is blaming it on the Alltel switch, they're blowing smoke up your a**.
    I've always like smoke blown up my a**. ;-)
    08-09-09 08:06 AM
    Sorry OP for hijacking your thread.
    08-09-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD