I am on my third tour since sept 18. Just activated latest tour on monday night at the verizon store.

Started having problems with dropped calls and the sound messing up today so i took it back to verizon tonight and they did something where they said it will receive the signal quicker or something like that.

do they at any point offer you a different device???

i am just sooo fed up with my blackberry...
    11-19-09 08:55 PM
    Not sure what you mean by sound messing up, but it sounds like this could be a service issue, not a device issue, so not sure they would offer you a new device after that. If you were having hardware issues with this device it's a diff story.
    11-19-09 09:00 PM
    It used to be three replacements and you could request a different device.

Not sure if that is still the policy.

I tried using that a couple of months ago because I was on my 7th LG Dare and wanted to switch to a Tour.

The VZW employee over the phone refused to let me switch to a Blackberry but did offer me an LG enV Touch for free.

I told her that I'd just go into a store and talk to them. When I went into the store the girl there let me do an early upgrade.

Just ask them. Worst case scenario is they say "No."
    11-19-09 09:03 PM
    Because so many took advantage of the multi exchange policy for a different device, you will now get a new, in the box model, of the same phone you bought, the Tour. You might be able to negotiate for a different like model but that is up to the supervisor you speak with.
    11-19-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD