Hello,

I have a BB Tour from Verizon running OS 5. I live in the UAE so am on the local Etisalat network. Etisalat don�t yet sell the Tour in this region.

I am unable to call certain numbers from my Tour (I swapped the SIM into a different phone and its fine) I get the error message 'Number Unattainable'. Some number are fine - others just won�t connect. I also have issues with some service commands like sending credit to anther Etisalat users. One of the numbers I can�t call is my fianc� so it�s a bit annoying using BB messenger all the time!

I have called Etisalat a few times and they can�t see any issues from their side with my account so I am guessing it�s the phone and specifically the OS 5/Verizon/Etisalat issue.

I like OS 5 so don�t really want to roll back + I don�t feel confident in rolling back because would probably mess is up!

Can anyone tell me if there is a setting on the phone that may be the issue or if rolling back to an older OS is the only option?
    Cheers
    Aron
    10-25-09 12:13 AM
    If you don't want to downgrade, I'd wipe clean and install fresh.

I'm assuming you've done a hard reset?
    10-25-09 12:22 AM
    Yes have done hard reset - no joy.

I bought the handset with OS 5 installed - I am assuming ite easy to get hold of?

Any other help would be great.

Aron
    10-25-09 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD