Hi all! I've been very happy with my tour so far but I encountered a little issue today. My trackball is being very tempremental for the first time and I don't mean not responding I mean the up and side to side function works fine, but when I scroll down my trackball kind of sticks then makes a clicking noise. I'm at the beach so there might be a piece of sand stuck under the trackball, I don't know. But I guess I should take out my trackball so I can clean it up in there. Can anyone instruct me on how to do this safely without breaking my phone? Thanks so much!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 02:26 PM
    Sarah.

You should search for the disassemble videos.

If it were me - I would exchange it. Chances are it's not sand and your phone just sucks. My first one would stick if I scrolled to the right.
    08-03-09 02:31 PM
    Yah if u don't know what your doing when disassembling this phone you shoukldnt try it. Its taking the while phone apart to get to the trackball. Exchange

08-03-09 02:34 PM
    Turn your device face down and work the trackball vigorously in all directions. Do not push it in while you do this, just roll it around a lot with the trackball facing the ground.

Alternatively, or in addition to that, use some canned air.
    08-03-09 02:35 PM
    Turn your device face down and work the trackball vigorously in all directions. Do not push it in while you do this, just roll it around a lot with the trackball facing the ground.

Alternatively, or in addition to that, use some canned air.
    Turn face down and rub the ball vigorously. or you can blow it.

08-03-09 02:50 PM
    *snicker*snort*
    08-03-09 02:52 PM
    Turn face down and rub the ball vigorously. or you can blow it.

Thanks for the laugh!
    08-03-09 02:52 PM
    i would go in get a air spray can that shoots out air usually used for getting dirt and dust out from keyboards and such. i forget the exact name but use that to spray any spaces in your phone. if not exchange it.
    08-03-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD