Im having troubles viewing videos from internet sites. Heres an example of what I was looking at and wont play. Tractor Videos.com Everytime I click on a video wether it be at this site or others it says error and something else. Is there something I can change or do to make this work. THanks for any help. Im new to blackberry.
    05-04-10 11:51 AM
    i havent checked out the site but it might be in the wrong format.. do youtube videos work for you ?
    05-04-10 11:55 AM
    The videos on that site use Abode Flash. There currently is no Flash for BlackBerry.

Reported they are working on a Flash release for BlackBerry by the end of the year.

Until then, you will not be able to view those videos on BlackBerry.
    05-04-10 12:33 PM
    i havent checked out the site but it might be in the wrong format.. do youtube videos work for you ?
    Yes youtube videos do work. Just seems like internet page videos dont work but like Motorcycle Mama said its a flash so wont work. Guess Im kinda disappointed so hopefully they get it up and going soon. I kinda bought this phone over the HTC Touch2 was using it for internet stuff mostly but other things. I liked the BB better was easier to use it seemed. But now Im kinda wondering if I made the right decision since I cant really use it for what Im wanting. Thanks for the help.
    05-07-10 09:30 AM
    The videos on that site use Abode Flash. There currently is no Flash for BlackBerry.

Reported they are working on a Flash release for BlackBerry by the end of the year.

MM

Very userful info .. So you think this is a normal RIM end of year .. So Spring 2011 ? Or a real End of year release?

Thanks
    05-07-10 10:08 AM
    This is something that Adobe is working on.

Adobe Flash Now Arriving On BlackBerry Smartphones In Second Half Of 2010 | CrackBerry.com

They have announced that it will be the "second half of 2010". So who knows exactly when that will be. Maybe it will be a Christmas present!
    05-07-10 10:58 AM
    Yes youtube videos do work. Just seems like internet page videos dont work but like Motorcycle Mama said its a flash so wont work. Guess Im kinda disappointed so hopefully they get it up and going soon. I kinda bought this phone over the HTC Touch2 was using it for internet stuff mostly but other things. I liked the BB better was easier to use it seemed. But now Im kinda wondering if I made the right decision since I cant really use it for what Im wanting. Thanks for the help.
    A little bit of research prior to purchase would have easily revealed that there currently is not Flash for BlackBerry. If watching Flash-based videos in high on your priority list, then BlackBerry was not the right choice for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    05-07-10 11:00 AM
    A little bit of research prior to purchase would have easily revealed that there currently is not Flash for BlackBerry. If watching Flash-based videos in high on your priority list, then BlackBerry was not the right choice for you.

I thought no current phones supported flash video so the OP would be out of luck regardless of which phone he/she purchased.

Am I wrong here?
    05-07-10 11:19 AM
    I thought no current phones supported flash video so the OP would be out of luck regardless of which phone he/she purchased.

Am I wrong here?
    3rd party apps like Skyfire for Android, Windows Mobile and (probably) iPhone will allow you to view such videos. Supposedly there will be a BB app for Skyfire released sometime in the future as well. Probably right around the same time RIM releases their new browser that supports flash lol
    05-07-10 11:26 AM
    3rd party apps like Skyfire for Android, Windows Mobile and (probably) iPhone will allow you to view such videos. Supposedly there will be a BB app for Skyfire released sometime in the future as well. Probably right around the same time RIM releases their new browser that supports flash lol
    Ahhh... never knew this. Thanks man.

I'd rather just wait for the browser kit RIM's releasing than DL another app. Until then, I can wait until I get to a PC to view use flash.
    05-07-10 11:40 AM
    This is something that Adobe is working on.

Adobe Flash Now Arriving On BlackBerry Smartphones In Second Half Of 2010 | CrackBerry.com

They have announced that it will be the "second half of 2010". So who knows exactly when that will be. Maybe it will be a Christmas present!
    MM

Thank you ... I'll keep a watchful eye out
    05-07-10 01:29 PM
    Ahhh... never knew this. Thanks man.

I'd rather just wait for the browser kit RIM's releasing than DL another app. Until then, I can wait until I get to a PC to view use flash.
    No problem!

Yeah, if I remember correctly from the Windows Mobile days Skyfire has a fairly big footprint and eats battery like it's goin outta style. Still nice to have the option of viewing videos while mobile though.
    05-07-10 04:18 PM
    Don't expect Skyfire for BlackBerry anytime soon.

Skyfire Releases Statement About Their BlackBerry Web Browser Development | CrackBerry.com
    05-07-10 05:14 PM

Well Im new to this Im coming from Motorola RZR just a flip phone to this. Its all new to me so I didnt really know what I need or dont need. I asked lots of questions at the store and the agent did tell me it would play videos. I am learning yeah things like youtube videos. Oh well I guess lots of people have lived without it and I will just wait for the new release and hopefully can upgrade it to get what I want. Is it going to be a downloaded upgrade or will it have to be a phone upgrade do you think? I apprecaite everyones comments as I learn new things all the time on the blackberry.
    05-08-10 12:57 PM

I had a question also. I have visited a few sites with Windows Media Player videos. Do yo have to download a program or application for that or do you have to send them to the blackberry manager to be able to view them? THanks for your help.
    05-11-10 09:26 AM
    Nope. They are not compatible with BlackBerry through the browser. You would need to be able to save them to your computer and then send them to the device if they are of a compatible format and proper codec.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/supp...00-8800-a-518/
    05-11-10 11:12 AM
    Nope. They are not compatible with BlackBerry through the browser. You would need to be able to save them to your computer and then send them to the device if they are of a compatible format and proper codec.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/supp...00-8800-a-518/
    Thanks for the help. I appreciate it, like I said Im new to this and learning on it every day.
    05-13-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD