I have 2 Tours, want to know if I can just swap SIM cards, reboot and then have the PIN in the other phone? I have tetherberry which is licensed to my PIN, sometimes there may be a need for her to use her phone (we have COMPLETELY different layouts on our phones) for tetherberry and would prefer to swap cards rather than phones............ also probaly quicker than cleaning make up off screen and buttons. Thanks for the help.
    10-22-09 09:13 AM
    The pin is associated with the actual device and not the sim card. I don't think it'd work that way :/ Nice idea though.
    10-22-09 09:16 AM
    Ah, so SIM being specific to my carrier; ie verizon and PIN is my serial number of sorts, electronic finger print which is why they allow me to update my PIN as a swap phones rather than swapping cards. Thanks for clarification I never owned a blackberry, sent a text message or anything other than placing phone calls on my prior cell phones. I now understand why people are so attached to their BlackBerry, it's my security blanket along with an unlimited (other than poor battery life) supply of entertainment.
    10-22-09 09:22 AM
    Ah, so SIM being specific to my carrier; ie verizon and PIN is my serial number of sorts, electronic finger print which is why they allow me to update my PIN as a swap phones rather than swapping cards. Thanks for clarification I never owned a blackberry, sent a text message or anything other than placing phone calls on my prior cell phones. I now understand why people are so attached to their BlackBerry, it's my security blanket along with an unlimited (other than poor battery life) supply of entertainment.
    Correct, each blackberry device has a specific PIN associated with the actual device hardware itself. The reason for the updating of PIN is for example I have a bunch of purchased apps which require you to register your PIN. When I get a replacement you request a PIN change to the new phones PIN so I can change my one allowed registered phone for the apps to my new phone.
    Basically its there so you can't share apps on several phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 09:27 AM
    Thanks guys this site is truely the best place to find any answer you need about a blackberry. I appreciate the help
    10-22-09 09:37 AM
    Thanks guys this site is truely the best place to find any answer you need about a blackberry. I appreciate the help
    No problem, anyother questions you know where to ask.
    Its always easy helping someone who types normally and provides background info to there questions.
    And congrats on the upgrade to the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD