Hey,

How can I move the pictures that I have taken from my device memory, to my memory card?

I can only view my pictures taken with the phone when its plugged into my computer with the settings saving the picture to memory card.

Before, my settings were saving my pictures to device memory, and I have pictures there that I would like to put onto my computer. Hope someone can help, ive been struggling with this. Thanks.
    11-09-09 10:49 PM
    Im sure there's more then one way to do this but this is how I did it, plug your phone into your PC open your DM click on media and then media manager let it open then go to My Computer on your PC click on your device drive there should be 2, one is your device the other your sdcard, click on the device and from there should be a folder I believe it will say Blackberry just click on that and it will pull up a verity of folders click on pictures and they should come up and you can do what ever with them. Hope this helps....
    Last edited by Fallfree; 11-10-09 at 12:04 AM.
    11-09-09 11:46 PM
    If you did not install the Roxio component of Desktop Manager, I don't think you can get to the internal photos.

You can use the Media Player. Open Media Player, Press BB or Menu Button, select EXPLORE. Then select Internal Storage. Find your photos (USER or Home or similar). Scroll to one, MENU, copy/move, then go backwards up the folder tree and select the CARD. Finally select where. Tedious.

A similar process can be done with FileScout (formerly bbfilescout) but I believe you can select multiple files (photos) at once for the copy/move process so a bit less tedious.
    11-10-09 12:00 AM
    The "problem" is that im on a mac. What is the roxio component of desktop manager? Its upsetting how you cant acces the internal via computer
    11-10-09 10:07 AM
    I'm not sure what/why the INTERNAL memory is closed unless you install the appropriate, in this case Roxio, software. I don't know if the Mac version of Desktop Manager includes it or not. It is probably some "driver" issue. I know my Creative MP3 player could show up as either a disk drive OR as "itself" for access and I never quite figured out why it could show up both ways. The Roxio software installs a Media Manager into Desktop Manager and shows the BB's internal storage. I installed it on my work computer but not my home computer. Folks are generally not fond of it for various reasons.
    11-10-09 11:46 AM
    Yeah Im sure it is some settings issue because I was able to do this on my curve when plugged into my mac.

Nonetheless, Ive manually moved them with the option you suggested before and it worked. Thanks!
    11-10-09 02:35 PM
    You are welcome. But I think I will pose the INTERNAL disk (or whatever it might be) question in a separate thread - probably under the generic BB discussion area. I know my Canon Camera just shows up as a "device" but not a lettered drive and while I can perform some actions on files, they are not as wide open as with files on a "drive!"
    11-10-09 04:13 PM
    Dude just email the pictures to yourself then download them onto your computer
    11-10-09 04:18 PM
    Could have also done that. I think it was easier for me to manually move the pictures, it probably took 3 minutes. Ill be looking for your thread F2.
    11-10-09 04:56 PM
    Someone replied and said that Roxio is the only way to access the internal memory from a computer (again, I don't know if Roxio is available for mac) and many folks do not install Roxio as Desktop Manager is available with or without it.

I should say that Roxio also does media conversion so that if a video is not the correct format, it supposedly will convert it as it moves it to the BB - although that can take a long time as can any conversion of formats.
    11-10-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD