So the other day I pulled my phone out of my pocket and I super lightly tossed it on my mouse pad and then my phone just shut off and restarted, I have a rubber phone cover on it so its protected at all times. It also happened again when I went to put phone it the charger cradle and I moved some papers and it fell out and as soon as it hit the desk it shut off and restarted. So I've been confused by this so I tried to re create the scenario and again my phone will shut off and restart......does this happen to anyone else???...If so what to do?

Thanks,
    10-27-09 10:11 AM
    Sounds like your Batt is loose. Check your Batt door to see if it's on tight.
    10-27-09 10:12 AM
    So the other day I pulled my phone out of my pocket and I super lightly tossed it on my mouse pad and then my phone just shut off and restarted, I have a rubber phone cover on it so its protected at all times. It also happened again when I went to put phone it the charger cradle and I moved some papers and it fell out and as soon as it hit the desk it shut off and restarted. So I've been confused by this so I tried to re create the scenario and again my phone will shut off and restart......does this happen to anyone else???...If so what to do?

Thanks,

Same thing happened with my first tour. Shortly after the restarts began my trackball died
    If the trackball starts to act up take it back and get a replacement. if not then I'd try and reload the software

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 10:15 AM
    Same here. I reloaded software and it was fine til yesterday. I had put a few trial programs on and took off and then it started so I reloaded backup and will monitor today. Battery is so hard to get out I can't imagine its loose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 10:24 AM
    I had this problem in the past on 2 different 8703e's. Something was loose internally, and it wasn't related to the battery. I ultimately replaced it with an 8830 to resolve my issue.

One thing to note, it my issue got progresively worse over time. So bad, that I couldn't even pick up the phone without it resetting.

If you're confident that it's not the battery, I would take your phone in and get it replaced.
    10-27-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD