im using an unlocked verizon tour, but i have tmobile. and this tour restarts by itself so many times in one day and it really pisses me off. it can restart up to like 10 times a day. sometimes its in the rpocess of restarting and it'll just shut down and restart again. but sometimes it'll last me a couple of days without restarting on me. i wiped my tour before, upgrade/downgrade os, and uninstall apps, but it still happens. i dont know what the deal is up with it. can someone please help me?

--thanks a bunch in advance!
    12-18-10 10:08 PM
    Does the restarting happen when you are handling the device? I had a Tour that would restart if I set it down sharply or shook it vigorously. I assume the battery was just loose enough in the compartment to allow it to momentarily lose contact, triggering the restart. I replaced the Tour under warranty and have not had the problem with the replacement unit.
    12-18-10 10:49 PM
    i noticed that sometimes when i place it down it'll restart on me. but sometimes when its in my purse and it'll restart also. so sometimes i take it out of my purse, i would see it already in the process of restarting. maybe my battery is loose like how yours was. ill try to place something with the battery to see if its gonna restart on me. thanks!
    12-19-10 12:22 AM
    well change the o/s because in my tour it had many random reboots and i updated to the latest .1030 o/s and did 3-4 battery pulls and after that no reboots at all . amazing! try it and see.
    12-19-10 02:16 AM
    I'm using 1030 and I am starting to get a few more reboots per day. I suggest using 975. I never had ANY reboots on that OS.
    12-19-10 03:35 AM
    I recommend shimming the battery before you change the OS. If the problem is caused by a loose battery fit in the case, changing the OS won't correct it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 09:07 AM
    im using an unlocked verizon tour, but I have tmobile. and this tour restarts by itself so many times in one day and it really pisses me off. it can restart up to like 10 times a day. sometimes its in the rpocess of restarting and it'll just shut down and restart again. but sometimes it'll last me a couple of days without restarting on me. i wiped my tour before, upgrade/downgrade os, and uninstall apps, but it still happens. i dont know what the deal is up with it. can someone please help me?

--thanks a bunch in advance!
    I have to go along with Jeff for one thing as i remember when he mentioned replaciong his old Tour for this reason and I have recommended this many times to others with great success.

Also please do everyone a favor and search before you place a post as there are now no less than 3 posts of this same subject started in the last week and all it does is add unneeded threads to an already crowded forum.

Jeff among them all has the best advice as you dont want to go through all the trouble of reinstalling your OS and what goes along with that.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 12-20-10 at 11:44 AM.
    12-19-10 02:20 PM
    Once again, gotta agree with Jag, I posted this on another thread with the same problem will post it here again...To the OP, I highly recommend trying this before anything else. It instantly fixed the problem, and it has never rebooted unexpectedly again. Good luck.

"My tour was rebooting randomly throughout the day. The battery appeared to me also to be perfectly snug, no different than say the battery in my other bb's I've had. But I decided to take a folded up piece of paper that was the length of the battery, on the opposite side of the connectors. Thick enough that it was wasn't easy for me to slide it in between the battery and the phone, so that it put pressure on the connectors. I kid you not, since I did that it has never rebooted unexpectedly again. I highly recommend trying this, but you must make sure to put the pressure on the opposite side of the connectors(or the top of the battery if your looking at it installed, in between the battery and the phone. Not on top of the battery, between the battery and the battery cover). Good luck."
    12-19-10 03:10 PM
    Well a random reboot just happened to me after updating to 1030... not really a fan of reboots in general so I came here and saw the above mentioned tip of shimming the battery. Will report back in a couple of days.
    12-20-10 08:38 AM
    It helps to do a wipe with bbsak once and awhile.
    12-20-10 11:32 AM
    It helps to do a wipe with bbsak once and awhile.
    IMHO there should never be any reason to do a wipe using BBSAK or anything else related to this issue.

Only if you are a fanatic about upgrading an OS and want to do a clean install of a new OS and don't mind going through putting everything back on and reregistering your 3rd party ups. Then I can possibly seeing using BBSAK. I used it to get rid of cod files to remove the gmail plugin from my Tour that was a pain in you know what for me.
    12-20-10 11:48 AM
    Just speaking from experience. My phone was rebooting at random. Doing this worked for me.

IMHO there should never be any reason to do a wipe using BBSAK or anything else related to this issue.

Only if you are a fanatic about upgrading an OS and want to do a clean install of a new OS and don't mind going through putting everything back on and reregistering your 3rd party ups. Then I can possibly seeing using BBSAK. I used it to get rid of cod files to remove the gmail plugin from my Tour that was a pain in you know what for me.
    12-20-10 02:42 PM
    Just speaking from experience. My phone was rebooting at random. Doing this worked for me.
    Let me just say that if you wipe an OS no matter what manner or method you use to do it and place the same OS back on should not cure a rebooting problem.

I can assure you that I have learned a long time ago on this forum to listen to people who have been here and know alot more then I do.

Jeff who answered this thread with over 13k posts(not that that means anything) learned from his own experience and that is why he posted what he did.

I have many friends this happened to and I sugessted it to them and everyone worked. We all thanked him and if you read most of these posts you will see more than not it leads to a battery issue of some sorts.
    12-20-10 06:23 PM
    You can do whatever to the battery & if you load OS 983 you will get repeated random reboots. 1030 is some what better but still causes random reboots. So once you have applied all the battery fixes & you still get random reboots, go back 975, a stable OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 08:08 PM
    I love this place...shimming the battery just saved me a boatload of frustration
    12-20-10 09:20 PM
    Personally I have had nothing but problems with this device since getting it. I've had problems with the trackball, but the main problem that I had was the random reboots. I have had 6 different devices since getting my first tour, and the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back was this past weekend when I had a family member have emergency surgery, the surgeon called me with an update, and the phone rebooted. It didn't even restart as it had done in the past, I had to do a battery pull. The next day I went to the VZW store, pleaded my case, and they noticed the number of devices I had gone through, and they are now sending me a Bold which should be here today.
    12-21-10 10:25 AM
    They even suggested shimming the battery, as others have suggested, to no avail. Even happened in front of them!
    12-21-10 10:50 AM
    I love this place...shimming the battery just saved me a boatload of frustration
    WOW another convert...LOL Someone who listened to Jeff and I seconding his advice. More times than none this is what it takes and not going through all the trouble of OS reloads,wipes,dumps and everything else you wantto do in order to cause agravation. Listen to TammiC because this works.
    12-21-10 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD