Can someone tell me what's up with the sms in 5.xx?
    When i start a new convo by sending an sms to someone i HAVE NO PREVIOUS CONVO with, it will say Name (Mobile). If they send me an sms which initiates the first message in the convo, it will say Name (Phone).

Now, I was under the impression that it would say Mobile i the number i got an sms form was in the mobile field, but i guess im wrong or somethings messed up. A buddy of mine says all his sms's say phone regardless of new convo chats being initiated by him; while another has same issues as me.

How can i make this consistent?
    10-17-09 07:36 PM
    can you take a screen shot? thats kinda confusing, but if i do understand correctly, it doesnt seem like anything that needs to be fixed.
    10-17-09 07:39 PM
    Nevermind. Thought I knew the issue, but I found out it was wrong This happens to me too it seems. Weird. But I have texts I sent out to people where I initiated the thread, and some say mobile, some say phone. I don't really see any trends.
    Last edited by willyg44; 10-17-09 at 07:54 PM.
    10-17-09 07:51 PM
    all my contacts are set up perfect and accurate. i'm way to anal to be sloppy like that.

i think you missed what i was saying... say i was texting you. At this point there isn't a convo between you and i on either one of our phones. Let's say i text you. I go to sms icon. click ball > compose sms text (window pops up) > in the TO: field, i type willyg44 and it has a drop down list that match what i entered... i select your name from drop down and hit enter key which will choose it. pop up is still there... hit enter key again to make the OK button highlighted and once more to press the OK button. The new chat is now open between you and i and it will say willyg44 (Mobile) because i would be texting your mobile number which i put in the Mobile field in my addy book.

a new discovery i just made is that when you hit compose new sms and get the pop up black window saying TO:, if you DON'T type a name but hit the track ball and select "choose contact" instead and pick a name from addy book, willyg44, for example, it will say willyg44 (Mobile) in black box popup, BUT once you hit OK button it will say willyg44 (Phone) even if your number is in the Mobile field in my addy book.

hope that makes sense.

it's a small flaw i assume that hasn't been fixed yet.
    Last edited by AFitchguy07; 10-17-09 at 08:06 PM.
    10-17-09 08:00 PM
    i bet for the people it does to when you text them, you have an email addy associated with that contact as well.. that sounds like it could be the key factor.
    10-17-09 08:03 PM
    i bet for the people it does to when you text them, you have an email addy associated with that contact as well.. that sounds like it could be the key factor.
    that's a negative.
    10-17-09 08:31 PM
    this is how mine looks. If i was to start a new convo with anyone in my addybook that ISN'T in that convo list already by typing name into the TO: popup window, it shows (Mobile). If i choose from addybook, it shows (Phone). Regardless if the number to this person is stored in HOME or WORK or MOBILE fields in contact's listing.
    ---
    Last edited by AFitchguy07; 10-17-09 at 08:43 PM.
    10-17-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD