Which is the better product? They are the same price, im just wondering what will hold up better on my phone. Im liking my phone without a case so im thinking some protection on the phone body will be a better alternative than a bulky case because im carefull with my phone anyways
    08-03-09 10:23 AM
    I can't speak for the IS product, but i have applied the Phanton Skinz to my storm as well as my new Tour. The skin was on my Storm since it was new and I recently sold the storm and when i removed the skin the phone was perfect underneath, looked brand new! believe me, i dropped that phone often!

I ordered a set for my tour, took a little more that 1hr to install and it came out Perfect, waaay better than the job i did on my storm. I would highly recommend the Phantom Skinz product. I ordered direct from them and got 2 full sets for like 16 bucks or so... I'm going to order a set for my macbook...
    Last edited by dditzel72; 08-03-09 at 07:08 PM. Reason: $$
    08-03-09 10:33 AM
    From what I can tell, the Phantom Skinz version has more coverage and the pieces look to be better organized for easier installation. I have the invisible shield full body, and it doesn't cover the corners all too well, nor does it cover the "carbon fiber" area of the back cover at all, unlike the Phantom Skinz.

People in other threads who have tried both also seem to prefer the clarity of the PS, and they are also less "sticky" or "tacky", and have a lesser "orange peel effect", which I don't really see as an issue at all.

The PS gives you 2 full shields for the same price as one IS full shield, and the PS can be had for 33% off with a widely known "independence33" coupon code.

I'd say that both shields will offer decent protection that will go miles ahead of a naked tour, but you just get so much more with PS that I'd go with them. Heck, I already have the IS and I'm considering redoing it with a PS at a later date.
    08-03-09 10:51 AM
    I might have to check this Phantom Skin out then
    Thanks
    08-03-09 10:58 AM
    IMO - Bodyguardz > Phantomskinz, Invisibleshield and others.

I've heard a lot of bad feedback on IS that they are too tacky and I used Phantomskinz and Bodyguardz and I have to say that the quality and the kits you get from Bodyguardz are top notch. Their lifetime replacements is also a huge factor! I first applied the PS then BG to my Tour and and I can definitely tell the difference between the two. BG is the best...
    Last edited by smatica; 08-03-09 at 01:52 PM.
    08-03-09 01:38 PM
    I had an invisible shield on my 8330 and I just got one for my 9630. They look great and they dont come off so easy. I recently took it off my 8330 since I'm selling it and the screen looked perfect. I put that phone through alot, I'm surprised it lasted so long with no signs of wear...
    08-03-09 01:50 PM
    I was one of the first to have the Phantom Skinz kit installed on my Tour and posted a few pictures of it a while back. Having seen and felt invisible shield before, I would recommed nothing other than Phantom Skinz. The Invisible Shield will get the job done, but the Phantom Skinz is definitely a superior product. Nicer feel with no orange peel and more coverage.
    08-03-09 05:12 PM
    I've seen and felt an Invisible Shield on the iPhone and i have the Phantom Skinz on my tour.... hands down it's the Phantom Skinz. The invisible shield has uber orange peel effect and i've had people feel and look at my tour and they're in disbelief that there is a protector on it.
    08-03-09 06:41 PM
    No other skin can beat the Phanton Skins... best skin I have ever used was with phantom skin....Invisable sheild is a horrable product that looks and feels like crap (i had that on my last phone)
    08-03-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD