ok so i wake up from a nap and see my phone with an led message indicator, i got to check it and yet there is no email....my yahoo account shows 1 new message beside email address on the icon on the homescreen but when i click it there is no new message. Ive tried all morning to figure it out but there seems to be no way for it to go away after a battery pull and numerous other trys
    08-30-09 06:55 PM
    Check all message folders and saved message box....

Also you didn't ask about the signal strength in the thread title...
    08-30-09 07:00 PM
    I have the same issue with a phantom email on my gmail account. I've tried resending service books, registering my new device with BIS, a device reboot, and a full battery pull. Nothing helped. I'm also sure that there are no unread messages for either email account (I have 2) or in the messages folder. I'm at a loss as to what to do about this.

I'm not thread hijacking. I just didn't see the need to start a new thread for the same issue (minus signal strength mine's fine in that regard).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 08:49 PM
    I fixed my issue. Here's how:

I went into the "Messages" folder, hit the BB key, and clicked search.

I set the search options as follows:

Name: blank
    In: any address field
    Subject: blank
    Include encrypted messages: yes
    Service: all services
    Folder: all folders
    Show: unopened only
    Type: all

Once I did a search using the above parameters I found a registration message from over a month ago that was marked unopened (I have no idea how because I always open them). I opened it and now the message icon is gone. I hope this helps anyone else having this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 07:32 AM
    Nice find

Glad you got it fixed up.
    09-04-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD