I had to take my Tour back on account of the trackball. The clerk who was reading from my account said something interesting that I have not seen here before. According to the notes on my account, he stated that I had a phone manufactured before 8/2/09, and that these are the phones that are having issues.

I am thinking if yours was made after, 8/2 it should be fine.

If this has already been mentioned or disproven, sorry.
    09-09-09 04:54 PM
    My thread titled "Am I the only one one their first Tour still not having problems" disproves this. There are TONS of people who have July models that have had zero problems. Mine is manufactured in Mexico 5, on July 17th I believe, Im over 2 weeks in, no trackball issues, or OS problems, just a minor jiggle in the door which is fine because Im getting the extended Seidio battery with a new door.
    09-09-09 05:19 PM
    Nobody's saying that all phones made before a 8/2 are faulty. In fact, I would imagine that a vast majority of the first batch of Tours that hit the market were and continue to be fine (let's not forget that Verizon alone supposedly sold about 250K Tours on the first day).

The message behind the salesman's statement is that if your tour is having issues, in all likelihood it was manufactured before 8/2/09. Your thread certainly doesn't disprove that, now does it?

What your thread does prove is that there are plenty of Tours out there that have been flawless from day one. And given all the problem-related posts we all read through every day, I must say that hearing from people who love their devices is a welcomed change of pace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 05:50 PM
    Sounds just about right! Lol I agree with the OP...
    09-09-09 05:53 PM
    not really true OP... a lot of people have no issues with there Tours since release date
    09-09-09 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD