Has anyone installed PDANet on their Tour? This was one of my most used programs on my Treo, and I verified there was a BB version before I changed phones. I put it on my Tour tonight, and the Internet is so slow that it is pretty much unusable. The site says it is for OS 4.7 or above so just for the Storm (obviously wasn't updated since Tour release), but then it asked if I wanted the version for the Storm or another BB. I did the latter. Maybe that is the problem? I wrote their tech support but wanted to see if any of you had tried it. I really like my Tour, but if PDANet doesn't work well, I will have a major dilemma. I use it a lot when traveling.
    07-14-09 12:15 AM
    There is also tetherberry which I think is more popular although costs $50
    07-14-09 12:23 AM
    Tetherberry works, and it is AWESOME and fast and they now offer a free 7day trial!
    07-14-09 12:24 AM
    tetherberry works thru a proxy as mentioned on the pdanet site.

pdanet offers a cheaper solution.. i'm looking fwd to this coming out for all versions.
    07-14-09 01:05 AM
    I am waiting for a response to a message I sent to PDANet's customer support. I am somewhat loyal because it has worked well for me for years. If I can't get it to be speedy enough, I will look into tetherberry though want to understand the proxy issue better before I decide. Thanks for the input.
    07-14-09 06:05 PM
    Whats the difference between tetherberry and PDANet?
    07-14-09 06:23 PM
    I just got a message from June Fabrics, who makes PDANet, saying they only support the storm model currently.
    07-14-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD