I have just upgraded to a Tour from an 8830. I have been using the media player to listen to podcasts. If I pause or stop the file I'm listening to it will re-start from the beginning rather than resume from the point where I paused or stopped it. is there a way to pause or stop the file so that it resumes from that point instead of restarting? It gets a bit tedious to have to search for the point that I stopped at each time I resume play.
    Last edited by davidmcc; 01-07-10 at 10:31 PM.
    01-07-10 10:28 PM
    People have complained about this. I don't know if this "bad" behavior has been fixed in the OS 5 Beta's that people have been playing with.
    01-08-10 12:06 AM
    ya i have not heard of this problem, but i know for sure that that doesnt happen with 5.0.230 or 5.0.419. i have used both and that didnt happen, but with .230 there is media player bug that pauses the music or whatever after the first song plays. Then you have to go unpause it, then it will stay working untill you restart the media player. I would recommend going to 5.0.419, the media player works perfectly, for me at least.
    01-08-10 12:42 AM
    I haven't heard this either. Are you pausing it by using the mute key on the top right of the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 01:31 AM
    I'm pausing with the pause key in the media player. Using the stop key works the same way. The player plays the playlist fine, it's not a problem with stuff being skipped or anything, just the paused (or stopped) MP3 file restarting from the beginning.

It's a new Verizon phone and has v4.7.1.61 (Platform 4.1.0.81) software.
    01-08-10 07:02 AM
    Stopping typically means stop playing, and go back to the begining. So it sounds like that is functioning fine.

Pause, on the other had, should be resuming from where you paused it. This does sound like quite an annoyance. Are you by any chance accidentally rolling the trackball when you go to click, accidentally switching to stop? What happens if you use the mute button on the top of your phone (it's the shortcut key to pause)?
    01-08-10 07:50 AM
    I wasn't aware that the mute button paused, I will try that.

I am definately using the pause button, not the stop button.
    01-08-10 09:17 AM
    I'm wondering if I phrased my question correctly ...

Here's what I experience:

I listen to podcasts on the way to work. When I finish my commute I pause the player.

I use the phone during the day to read email, make phone calls, web search etc.

At the end of the day I want to restart the paused podcast that I was listening to in the morning. Instead of resuming from the pause point, the podcast starts over.

This is what I want to know - how do I resume the playback from the point I paused it?
    01-08-10 09:24 AM
    Ok, I think I understand what you are doing. After you pause it, and get ready to go about the rest of your day, do you keep the music app running in the background? I know on mine, if I close it out, then it doesn't remember where it was. It remembers video's, but not music. So try just hitting the red end key after you pause the podcast to keep the music player running in the background and see if that helps. Of course, a problem with this is if you accidentially hit the mute button, the podcast may start playing again, even if you are on the homescreen.
    01-08-10 09:45 AM
    The mute button on the top of the phone seems to do what I want unless I specifically access the media player for another purpose.

Thanks to all who answered and to murialita who gave me the tip.
    01-09-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD