I dropped my BBerry Tour in a puddle back in December and followed all of the dry out procedures and it seemed fine. The past few weeks it has some crazy problems like my camera only takes multicolor stripe pictures and sometimes my sounds switch to the original or texting stops working. They resolve when I battery pull. I've looked at the white patch on the battery and the red stripe has not really bled just a blurred line. Is this related to the water damage? I don't want to go to the store only to be charged hundreds. Help! Frequent battery pulls are annoying. Can I just buy a new battery?
    04-28-10 02:14 PM
    I don't think the battery will fix the water damage issue.
    04-28-10 02:15 PM
    But does it sound the problems on the phone are coming from the water damage 4 months ago?
    04-28-10 02:20 PM
    I don't think a battery will fix it either. Maybe there is still a bit of water stuck in there. Try leaving the phone in a container of dry rice with the battery out for a couple days. I let mom's phone dry out when it went for a bath for a couple days and it works fine.
    04-28-10 02:24 PM
    I don't think a battery will fix it either. Maybe there is still a bit of water stuck in there. Try leaving the phone in a container of dry rice with the battery out for a couple days. I let mom's phone dry out when it went for a bath for a couple days and it works fine.
    Rice won't do it, it is the impurties that have dried in the device that is causing the issue. Good Luck!
    04-28-10 02:38 PM
    How does water get stuck in something?

Anyways, you may have to file an insurance claim, which is either 89 or 50 depending on your insurance (so not hundreds of dollars). Because if there was any damage to the internal circuitry of the phone from the water, a new battery won't fix it. If you have no insurance, maybe it's time for a new phone.
    04-28-10 02:39 PM
    How does water get stuck in something?

Anyways, you may have to file an insurance claim, which is either 89 or 50 depending on your insurance (so not hundreds of dollars). Because if there was any damage to the internal circuitry of the phone from the water, a new battery won't fix it. If you have no insurance, maybe it's time for a new phone.
    I am not sure if water damage is covered by insurance! They will look at the water marker on your device to tell if it is bleeding out.
    04-28-10 02:44 PM
    Water damage is covered afaik.
    04-28-10 02:49 PM
    soak it in pure rubbing alcohol, then dry it out again. with the battery of course.

If there are mineral deposits, maybe the alcohol will help wash those away. when dried off, will evaporate.
    04-28-10 06:40 PM
    The white sticker with the red line on the battery is NOT a moisture indicator. The indicator is inside the battery area on the BB itself. If that is red, then you won't have warranty coverage. Most insurance will cover water damage, if you have it.

The problems you mention could just as easily be software related. You may want to take a backup of your BB, wipe it and reload.
    04-28-10 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD