Is it possible to set a passwod lock by pressing top left toggle button only?
    No time out limits, no holster settings...just by pressing lock button, random times???
    Help out if you know how pls.
    thnx
    08-21-09 02:59 AM
    Options-> Password

Enable the password.
    08-21-09 03:03 AM
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 03:08 AM
    Options-> Password

Enable the password.
    Danoh,
    It would still be "security timeout" locked after 1min to 1 hour.
    I am looking to avoid that timeout option. I want to lock only by pressing top lock button, at any time I feel like it (password protected). Hope that comes across ok.
    08-21-09 04:21 AM
    Danoh,
    It would still be "security timeout" locked after 1min to 1 hour.
    I am looking to avoid that timeout option. I want to lock only by pressing top lock button, at any time I feel like it (password protected). Hope that comes across ok.
    Yes.

If enable the password and set it and hit my top lock button it locks and will not unlock without a password.

I have my timeout set to 5 minutes too, and it locks right away, password protected, when I hit my top lock button.

Yours doesn't?

----

EDIT:

OOOOH Okay. I get what you're saying now. Sorry.

You want to lock using the lock button with a password, but you do NOT want it to lock automatically whatsoever.

In that case, I don't think it's possible like a previous poster replied. You'd be stuck with a 1 hour autolock.

BlackBerries are hardcore on security.
    Last edited by danoh; 08-21-09 at 04:28 AM.
    08-21-09 04:25 AM
    You got it...that's exactly what I am trying to do. Button lock only (with password).
    08-21-09 04:42 AM
    You got it...that's exactly what I am trying to do. Button lock only (with password).
    Sounds like a nice time for an app that would do this...
    08-21-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD