Almost 2 weeks ago I got a new Tour. At first I was excited. But no more...
    I am at the point of utter frustration, and wish I had never made the switch.
    After days and and days of failure, I bought the new Entourage 2008 for Mac to theoretically make a smoother conversion. Not so.
    I never managed to transfer any of my Palm Calendar over. I started a new Entourage calendar, entered all my dates manually. Took 2 days.
    I did manage to get my contacts over and took 3 days to clean up the mess and delete duplicate and iCal files.
    Now I have over 600 memos to transfer. But even when I enter them manually into Entourage by cut and paste, they won't show up on the BB.
    What the heck is WRONG with this thing?
    Is there a program for BB that will import memo or note files from Entourage (or Palm preferably) into a BB?
    This is nuts...
    I should just send this BB back...
    Frustrated....

Ed

PS, Using Mac OS 10.5.8, BBDM for Mac
    11-03-09 09:17 AM
    Sorry I don't use a mac so I can't help but try searching using mac and sync you should be able to find something to help you.
    11-03-09 09:43 AM
    when i got my tour 2 weeks ago, ical synced everything perfectly

try to import your entourage or palm calendar to ical

didn't think people still use palm calendars
    11-03-09 09:46 AM
    when i got my tour 2 weeks ago, ical synced everything perfectly

try to import your entourage or palm calendar to ical

didn't think people still use palm calendars
    yea thats what i did. ical worked flawlessly with DeskTop Manager and i have all my stuff perfectly
    11-03-09 10:02 AM
    Your'e going about it the wrong way. Take it from a former Palm user that migrated my data just fine. Instead of syncing your Palm with Palm Desktop, change it to sync with Outlook (if you don't have Outlook, stop fighting it and just buy it. You'll be glad you did). Once all of your data from your Palm is successfully synced with Outlook, sync your new BlackBerry with Outlook. Like magic, your calendar, tasks and memos will transfer over.

You will probably need to format your current BlackBerry first, since it is screwed up. Start over fresh.
    11-03-09 10:06 AM
    Thanks for the input.
    Yes, I did a search, but the results didn't cover what I needed. I tried several of the proffered suggestions (that's why I upgraded my Entourage). Still no luck on the memos transfer.
    Bottom line is that I now have a contacts and calendar sync'd (in Entourage).
    I just need a good memo program for BB; one that will allow importing and sync'ing with Entourage.

Ed
    11-03-09 10:07 AM
    [QUOTE=MisterB;3992570] Instead of syncing your Palm with Palm Desktop, change it to sync with Outlook Once all of your data from your Palm is successfully synced with Outlook, sync your new BlackBerry with Outlook. Like magic, your calendar, tasks and memos will transfer over.

OK, I'm a believer!
    So how do I get my Palm to sync with Outlook? Step-by-step instructions would be a BIG help!
    11-10-09 03:33 PM
    [QUOTE=OldFart2;4055445]
    Instead of syncing your Palm with Palm Desktop, change it to sync with Outlook Once all of your data from your Palm is successfully synced with Outlook, sync your new BlackBerry with Outlook. Like magic, your calendar, tasks and memos will transfer over.

OK, I'm a believer!
    So how do I get my Palm to sync with Outlook? Step-by-step instructions would be a BIG help!
    Look on the CD that came with your Palm. It has a program on there called Pocket Mirror. Install that, go through the setup, and tell it that you want to now sync your Palm with Outlook.
    11-10-09 03:40 PM
    After days and and days of failure, I bought the new Entourage 2008 for Mac to theoretically make a smoother conversion. Not so.
    I never managed to transfer any of my Palm Calendar over. I started a new Entourage calendar, entered all my dates manually. Took 2 days.
    I did manage to get my contacts over and took 3 days to clean up the mess and delete duplicate and iCal files.
    Now I have over 600 memos to transfer. But even when I enter them manually into Entourage by cut and paste, they won't show up on the BB.
    Is there a program for BB that will import memo or note files from Entourage (or Palm preferably) into a BB?
    This is nuts...
    Frustrated....

Ed

use the bb mac desktop program your calender and memo should sync with no problems
    11-10-09 04:52 PM
    [QUOTE=MisterB;4055494]

Look on the CD that came with your Palm. It has a program on there called Pocket Mirror. Install that, go through the setup, and tell it that you want to now sync your Palm with Outlook.
    Nothing on the BB CD but a very lame BB 101 program and the Install BB Desktop Pgm...
    Outlook no longer exists for Mac. It apparently has been rolled into Entourage (so I understand).
    I have the new Office 2008 for Mac, w/new Entourage, etc. Still won't sync.
    I got the Contacts moved over at the Verizon Store, but most of the contacts are corrupted. I am back to individually entering data for Contacts and all my memos.
    Oddly, when I sync the contacts, the BBDM goes through its paces, takes 5 minutes or so. Then I get an error regarding Microsoft Sync Services. And nothing appears to transfer to the computer. I did a test Contact on the BB, but it doesn't show up anywhere on the Mac. Very odd.
    11-10-09 07:04 PM
    use the bb mac desktop program your calender and memo should sync with no problems
    Nope...BBDM doesn't work...
    Only the Entourage Calendar syncs with the BB Calendar.
    11-10-09 07:05 PM
    I feel for you - Had been a loyal Plam user for over 6 years - The reason I stayed as long as I did was that I was deathly afraid of loosing my contacts (3000+) or not being able to sync them over after switching to another phone. My treo 650 was giving me a hard time and Verizon really wasn't carrying to much Palm anymore - decided to switch - After alot of investigating before my purchase - The transfer was simple - Did one last sync between Palm 650/PC - Then trashed my Palm desktop - reloaded Palm software BUT had phone set to Sync to Outlook (Gives you an option during load) and not Palm Desktop - Now on PC all contacts/memos/calender etc were synced to Outlook - Loaded Blackberry software to sync with Outlook (Now with contacts etc) - synced phone - Thats it - There are alot of great Tutorials on the Web - whole process took me about 45 min --- As far as Entourage - sorry, wish I could help ---- Just Google you issue and something should come up - I did - Good luck
    Last edited by SurfTech; 11-10-09 at 07:30 PM.
    11-10-09 07:27 PM
    change the sync settings from palm desktop to Outlook using Pocket Mirror as mentioned above....I didn't have a problem, when I did this on a PC........

also for any outlook issues check out slipstick dot com for info.....
    11-10-09 07:36 PM
    I think the suggestions are great, but I'm running a Mac, not a PC.
    Anyone know of a solution for Mac Sync'ing?

11-10-09 07:41 PM
    No PocketMirror on my Palm CD (It's a Palm T | X). PocketMirror is available on the Chapura website for $24.95 - for a one-time transfer. Is there a more economical way of transferring the data, or should I bite the bullet?

Thanks for the help so far . . .
    11-11-09 09:02 AM
    I thought the paid version did folders and sub folders while the free one doesn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 09:07 AM
    No PocketMirror on my Palm CD (It's a Palm T | X). PocketMirror is available on the Chapura website for $24.95 - for a one-time transfer. Is there a more economical way of transferring the data, or should I bite the bullet?

Thanks for the help so far . . .
    I think you just stick the Palm CD in your computer that has Palm Desktop on it, and go through the setup and tell it that you want to sync with Outlook and not Palm Desktop. Try that. Of course, BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST ON YOUR COMPUTER. This will in essence install Pocket Mirror.
    11-11-09 06:10 PM
    This is nuts...
    Frustrated....

Ed

If Entourage will sync with Google calendar you could then sync your blackberry with Google and problem solved. That is if Entourage will transfer to google. This will not help with notes though.
    11-11-09 06:48 PM
    I think you just stick the Palm CD in your computer that has Palm Desktop on it, and go through the setup and tell it that you want to sync with Outlook and not Palm Desktop. Try that. Of course, BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST ON YOUR COMPUTER. This will in essence install Pocket Mirror.
    MisterB, you hit it exactly right! I deleted my Palm Desktop, downloaded the newest version from the Palm website, and during setup selected 'back up to Outlook'. Once I got the BB desktop synchronize settings right, everything transferred correctly. Probably would have been much easier to migrate my address book that way, instead of using the 5-step work-around posted on the BB website! Why doesn't BB make these instructions a part of their FAQ documentation??? :-)
    11-12-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD