I exchanged my first Tour because of the trackball problem. That unit paired percfectly with good sound on my 08 BMW 528i. The replacement unit has a perfect TB but I can't pair the Bluetooth. Phone sees the car; I type in corresponding passkeys but the BT fails to pair. Tried a battery pull - same problem. Anybody have any thoughts -- would be most appreciated. Thanks.
    08-19-09 07:25 AM
    Remove original pairing.

Refer to vehicle pairing procedure found in manual.
    Last edited by jhendrickson; 08-19-09 at 07:48 AM.
    08-19-09 07:42 AM
    I exchanged my first Tour because of the trackball problem. That unit paired percfectly with good sound on my 08 BMW 528i. The replacement unit has a perfect TB but I can't pair the Bluetooth. Phone sees the car; I type in corresponding passkeys but the BT fails to pair. Tried a battery pull - same problem. Anybody have any thoughts -- would be most appreciated. Thanks.
    Yup, you're going to have to remove the original pairing to your old phone in the car. After that it should pair up fine.
    08-19-09 07:57 AM
    Thanks for the tip - but I did delete the old pairing before I attempted pairing with the new Tour.
    08-19-09 09:08 AM
    After deleting the old pariing from the car, try turning the BT radio off, wait about a minute, and then on again. Thats what I did when going from my old phone to my Tour. I have an 07 328i and this worked like a charm.
    08-19-09 09:42 AM
    I'm having the same situation, kinda, in my Merecedes ML350. Sometimes it finds the phone, like it's supposed to, and works and sometimes it doesn't and not until I start making a call on the Tour, does it pick up and tranfer over to the cars bluetooth. I'm gonna swap this phone shortly for some other issues I'm having, like many others are, and hope the new one will work out. So, you're not alone and it isn't just BMWs.
    08-19-09 01:23 PM
    I had the same problem but if you delete and redo the whole process like you did the first time it works like a charm.
    My M6 had this issue bugging me for about a month until one of the BMW guys, at the dealership, told me how to solve it.

Simply, delete all old pairings. Get out of the car. Eat lunch and come back in an hour... apparently things stay in memory... don't ask this worked for me, then pair the new Tour and voila.
    08-19-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD