I would check w/your employer for add'l discounts. My employers offers a 23% disc agreement w/Sprint & Verizon and similar % off w/AT&T. But I have the Anytime Anymobile plan and pay ~$190 for 4 lines & insurance + 1500 landline minutes. I don't think that Vzw can beat that.

Call VZW and ask. I read somewhere that Employers, Credit Unions, AARP - all kinds of places have some kind of discount for cell svc. Remember that the same name must be on the Vzw account and the facility account providing the dicount (credit union, employer, AAA, AARP, etc.). I contacted Sprint and told them to put my name on my husbands account so that we could get my employer discount. It took like 3 min for them to add my name to the account and the discount took 1 billing cycle.
    02-02-10 10:01 AM
    Yea I think ill look into sprint but I just renewed my contract about 6 months ago :/ so I'm stuck lol but. I'm callin tomm about the military discount
    02-02-10 10:08 PM
    I have 2 lines with one is suspended for the moment so I pay 112.00 for my bb, but I also have a discount on there. I have 700 min shared and the blackberry plan. So basically its 89.99 for my minutes and 22.00 for my bb plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It would actually be the % of the total bill, not just the add-ons btw...

And the blackberry plans for VZW are $30 for basic, $45 for BES (the more expensive one) and $30 for tethering.

It could be possible that you are on Connect or Premium plan, which is more expensive and wouldn't include anything that your BB add-on wouldn't. Log on to your "MyVerizon" page and look at your bill and plan and let us know what exactly is on there (or PM me). Lastly, while your husband is away and his line is on hold, change your plan to an individual plan since his is suspended. But seriously PM me once you look over your billing and plan info.

EDIT** I almost forgot.... Friends and Family (the 5 ppl u pick to call for free) isn't available with the Family Share 700. Its only with the 1400 and above
    Last edited by Johnsen; 02-02-10 at 11:55 PM.
    02-02-10 11:52 PM
    sprint employee plan ($20/mo)
    3000 anytime
    unlimited nights/weekends after 7pm
    unlimited data
    unlimited text
    unlimited BIS ($15/mo)
    TEP ($7/mo)
    10 year customer (15% off/mo) (had to complain about dropped calls for this)
    Bill comes out to about $45/mo including tax
    02-02-10 11:54 PM
    I have an awesome plan from Sprint but not sure you can get it anymore it is an old one. I pay $58 per month (includes discounts and taxes). My plan includes 1000 anytime minutes, 2 lines one black berry package unlimited data navigation the works with TEP, and the other line has unlimited regular data, text but is not a smart phone. unlimited mobile to mobile nights and weekends free after 7pm and also have 5 phone #'s on each line that don't use minutes.
    02-03-10 07:46 AM
    Maybe this thread should be moved to the Verizon sub-forum. There are too many people trying to convince OP to switch to Sprint (I'm from Sprint, and it is a much better deal).

Does suspending a line save money? For example, if an individual opens 5 lines but suspends the 4 extra ones for the entire length of the contract, will he be able to only pay for the 1 line and get the 4 phones free? Or is suspending a line a way to simply block the line from being used inadvertently (ie: being turned on and starting to rack up charges from roaming data)?

Sprint includes alot of things free, such as the BIS blackberry service (we don't have to pay the typical $30 data pack, except for when we want to connect to a BES). We pay about $140 for 3 lines.
    02-03-10 08:15 AM
    Sprint is the shizzy... everything data, with two people, would be like nothing... and I think sprint has employer discounts and I think the armed forcres is on that list... lol hahaha... So you should be paying less and you should move to sprint. Vzw always have faster device releases and sometimes better coverage in areas, but I rememeber when I was in FT polk, I could only use sprint...
    They are affordable, great coverage... the berrys ( with the exception of the storm ( garbage) are released at the same time... ) So i would say that a switch is in order for you.
    When you say mobile to mobile you are thinking from vzw to vzw,... with sprint... Mobile to Mobile means you can call any MF that has a celly, and that will not touch your mins... the only time your mins are touched are if you call a landline... That is CALL AND RECIEVE FROM ANY Cellphone user regardless of carrier
    02-03-10 08:50 AM
    HAHA! Thanks guys Ill deff look into sprint.....once we get settled back on base after the deployments over.... right now everything is so hectic lol so ....yeah but if verizon doesnt work with me ...DEFF switching!!!!
    02-03-10 11:59 AM
    I don't tell anyone to go over to Sprint because am selfish and don't want my data speeds slowing down.
    02-03-10 12:13 PM
    I don't tell anyone to go over to Sprint because am selfish and don't want my data speeds slowing down.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I love that.... Thanks for the future ref... I will think of that next time... I am just thinking that if we get more we might get more BB's and faster... I know pretty much all the same BB's are out on the cdma plans ( not storm ( garbage again)) but maybe we will get something sprint specific as fas a BB goes... Because 3we at sprint all know our devices are built better and stronger...
    02-03-10 12:47 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD