Had my Tour for a couple weeks now and yesterday I bought a hard case for it. Last night while charging it, it really heated up. I took it off without even a full charge. I'm charging again right at this moment and it's hot again.

I haven't really noticed it warm while charging before the case, nor did I pay any attention. And, I can't get the stupid case off - ha! Anyhow, does anyone else have a hard case and it does it get hot, too?

I'm afraid of my new love overheating!
    08-28-09 09:54 AM
    It will get hot with just a lot of usage. You gotta think this device is just a small computer. Most computers have fans to cool and BB's don't. They are gonna get warm. And if u put a case on it its just going to help retain heat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 10:13 AM
    no its not overheating. anything that uses the battery will get pretty warm
    08-28-09 10:14 AM
    It will get hot with just a lot of usage. You gotta think this device is just a small computer. Most computers have fans to cool and BB's don't. They are gonna get warm. And if u put a case on it its just going to help retain heat.

Agreed. I wouldn't worry too much about over heating. These devices have been tested and retested for just this purpose.

08-28-09 10:16 AM
    The tour is the first BB/phone I have ever used that gets even slightly warm but I suppose it seems reasonable when you think of it like a computer.
    08-28-09 10:33 AM
    Thanks for your quick replies. You've put my mind at ease!
    08-28-09 10:33 AM
    mine gets warm as well.. no warmer then my storm got though.. its about the same..

this happens even more if you use it while your charging as well..

you should be ok
    08-28-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD