ever since the update a couple weeks ago, I can't sync calendar items created on my BB.

Vista
    Outlook 2003
    01-18-11 03:23 PM
    Are you a BES or BIS user? If BES, this solution may help.

How to Restore OTA Sync
    It sometimes happens that OTA sync is lost for one of the five apps that BES supports. I don't know why this happens, but here is a solution that has always worked for me:

You should know that there is a very slight risk of corrupting the OS on your device anytime you do a battery pull, so be sure to have a current backup before performing this procedure.
    1. Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    2. Select the entry "Desktop [SYNC]"
    3. Push the Menu button
    4. Select Delete
    5. Answer "yes" to the "are you sure question?"
    6. Without turning off the blackberry, remove the battery
    7. Leave the battery out for a few seconds
    8. Put the battery back in
    9. After the blackberry boots up, select Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    10. Push the Menu button
    11. Select Undelete

The Wireless Sync option should now be present for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Messages, and Calendar. It may be necessary to do this procedure more than once. The first time I did it, the service book came back, but the Wireless Sync option did not come back. I repeated the entire process and the second time the Wireless Sync capability was restored. So if you do it and it doesn't work, repeat the entire process. I've successfully used this process to restore OTA synching for contacts, notes, tasks and the calendar. I've never had the problem with Messages.

If this process doesn't work, Blackberry Technical Support Knowledge Base Article KB10105 may apply. Here is the link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/artic...AL_Public.html

If this Knowledge Base article applies, your IT department will have to solve the problem. It's beyond user solution.

Calendar Corollary: If you've done the procedure above, and all five apps are showing Wireless Sync, but the Calendar is not showing appointments, then turn off wireless sync in the calendar options, exit out of the calendar, go back into the calendar, and turn wireless sync back on. I've had to do this extra step to get the calendar to pick up existing appointments.
    01-18-11 04:11 PM
    I am not BES.

Also, my contacts are syncing. it is just that there items in my calendar that I can't transfer to my desktop calendar. eversince the last update it assigns my items to an email calendar or facebook. but there is no syncing of calendar
    01-18-11 06:35 PM
    I am having the same problem. When I enter an appointment into Outlook 2007, it will sync through DM and show up on my BB under "Default" Calendar. When I enter an appointment on my Blackberry it lets me choose a calendar under "Send. . ." which is one of the four email addresses which push to my BB. "Default" is not one of the choices. When I sync using DM, the new appointment doesn't show in my Outlook calendar. This is very frustrating and I can't figure out how to get around it.
    01-29-11 05:28 AM
    Ok, I have solved this. So my BB was defaulting all appts to facebook. when I deleted facebook cical from service it picked another email. When I deleted all email cical, it was changing back and adding facebook cical at every sync. finally i realized all this and prevented BB sync from changing me back to facebook cical.

what the heck is your facebook calendar anyway? I checked facebook, and none of my appointments are there.
    OhmEye likes this.
    01-29-11 07:50 AM
    Well will you look at that! Deleting all those pesky CICAL service books put the appointments I entered on the BB into the Default calendar and it synced up to Outlook no problem. Question remains whether the service books will remain off the BB and for how long. I'm getting ready to do an OS upgrade so that will be a good test.
    01-30-11 04:33 AM
    the facebook cical seems to be re-installing every time I reboot BB
    01-30-11 10:15 AM
    When you open the first page of Options in facebook, are the calendar, message and contacts applications checked? Could this be how facebook is gaining access into your service books?
    01-30-11 04:17 PM
    Hi,

I think there is some in with your PST file. Try to repair the PST files. The deleted PST file can be recovered using Undelete software. The software even helps to recover deleted PST file, even if you don’t know the password long attachment can also be recovered.
    02-24-11 06:17 AM
    Same trying above

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 05:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD