I have been all over these forums, and can't find a simple answer...

What are the OSX settings for getting a tour from Verizon to tether on my laptop.

1. Can I use the VZ Manager? If so what phone do I say it is, and what version do I download?

2. Can I tether it with out Verizon's tether plan? (Network Manger on OSX, Tetherberry, etc)

HELP!!
    10-20-09 07:37 PM
    i don't know about Verizon, but i have tethered via bluetooth to my MBP running SL. i just added a Bluetooth DUN connection, and the number is #777, no UID, or PWD needed.
    10-20-09 07:49 PM
    Tetherberry does work, but if you have the plan, RIM's Mac Desktop Manager has tethering built-in and works great, posting with it now!
    10-20-09 08:39 PM
    Tetherberry does work, but if you have the plan, RIM's Mac Desktop Manager has tethering built-in and works great, posting with it now!
    I have not been able to access the internet with Tetherberry ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard. Before Snow Leopard Tetherberry was awesome. Not sure what the problem is now though...
    10-21-09 07:39 AM
    you can use VXW manager, just not the latest version with snow leopard. Use the previous version and it doesn't matter for what phone, it will recognize whatever you connect. You do need the tethering plan and my way of thinking, it's worth it to nat have the hassle. I do not remember the version numbers and don't have my mac at hand i'll add another post when I find out that for you. Rest assured, it does work.

NOTE: I got it to work with ver 4.2.2 NOT 4.3.2 (which is supposed to work with 10.6 but probably is not BB friendly)

Al
    Last edited by aslondon; 10-21-09 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added info
    10-21-09 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD