HI all
    I got a broke 9630 give to me. broke screen and crack case, but still working. after a new case and new screen it worked fine i went in to sim card and typed mepd, mep alt 2 and it worked fine it was locked . so i did not have a code yet so i backed out and ordered the code , while i was waiting i thought i might as well upgrade it.

Bad move after upgrading the os i can no longer type mepd, mep alt 2 and get any response. so it looks like they are changing password or locking it.
    any fix yet i have read other links to no luck.
    12-13-10 12:39 PM
    Downgrade the OS and then unlock it. Then upgrade again. Once its unlocked it will stay that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 01:52 PM
    Hi thanks i will try that thanks
    12-13-10 02:12 PM
    Did you try holding the SHIFT key when you typed in MEPD?
    12-13-10 05:53 PM
    Hi all
    I used JL Cmder to wipe the phone, and loaded a 4.7 **** os.
    got rid of the vendor file in ap loader, now when i type mepd i get network inactive.

so i am thinking it is unlocked now? i am a newbee so be nice lol
    12-13-10 11:09 PM
    Well, the vendor.xml file on your computer has nothing to do with the device unlocking or not.

But if it reads Network - Inactive, then yes, it is unlocked.
    12-14-10 05:42 AM
    Motorcycle Mama thanks for your replay. yes i know that removing vendor.xml file has nothing to do with unlocking the BB, i was flowing a guide on here to down grade OS.

from what i understand i had to remove the vendor.xml file so the loader would not go on line to get the latest os or update, i was down grading. thanks for all your help.

one more thing i know i can tether a bb to my lap top as a modem, but can it be done in linux?
    12-14-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD