Will we be lucky enough to get the 5.0 OS on the Tour at release time?
    06-10-09 07:00 AM
    It's a possibility, but don't hold your breath.
    06-10-09 07:06 AM
    I keep hearing abotu the 5.0, but whats so different about the 5.0 compared to what the phones running now? more faster or what else does it offer?
    06-10-09 08:03 AM
    I believe CX mentioned that it will not release with 5.0, but 5.0 will be an upgrade.
    06-10-09 08:41 AM
    I believe CX mentioned that it will not release with 5.0, but 5.0 will be an upgrade.
    if its anythign like the storm, verizon will wait about 6 months or more to release the update after the phone has launched
    06-10-09 09:12 AM
    Kevin mentioned in his second device review that 4.7 looked and operated much like 5.0 and will probably be dropped as 5.0 at release
    06-10-09 11:42 AM
    I thought it was confirmed that it will be shipped with 5.0.
    06-10-09 11:44 AM
    I thought it was confirmed that it will be shipped with 5.0.
    So did I...I recall Crucial commenting that it will most likely ship with 5.0. However, I'm pretty sure that was BEFORE the 7/13 release date come out. (So if it was still coming out in August, chances are it definitely would've been released with 5.0)
    06-10-09 11:46 AM
    There is a chance it will ship with 5.0. It has nothing to do with 5.0 not being ready, as 5.0 works well with this device. However, it will be rather early if it does since 5.0 isn't to be released until this fall. The current 4.7.1 software is working great on the 9630! Anything from .28 up works perfectly fine. But although 5.0 may be ready, it wouldn't really be the greatest thing, as there would only be one device out using it. Still a possibility, but not definite. And yes Verizon is still on target for July ATM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 11:56 AM
    And yes Verizon is still on target for July ATM.

all i needed to hear.
    06-10-09 12:07 PM
    Well, I think I would like 4.7 to ship with it because then all of my current apps will still work with the device. I have been hearing people with 5.0 say that some third party apps dont play nice with 5.0. I would rather have RIM roll out 5.0 to ALL devices in the fall and have developers on board than have the first device with 5.0.
    06-10-09 12:13 PM
    CX (or anyone who could thoughtfully answer this question), What kind of speed bumps would cause the Tour to not be on the July 13th release date.
    06-10-09 01:55 PM
    There is a chance it will ship with 5.0. It has nothing to do with 5.0 not being ready, as 5.0 works well with this device. However, it will be rather early if it does since 5.0 isn't to be released until this fall. The current 4.7.1 software is working great on the 9630! Anything from .28 up works perfectly fine. But although 5.0 may be ready, it wouldn't really be the greatest thing, as there would only be one device out using it. Still a possibility, but not definite. And yes Verizon is still on target for July ATM.

I need to change my drawers!
    06-10-09 02:25 PM

excellent.. I would actually prefer it to ship with a solid 4.7 OS instead and wait until the 5.0 gets just as solid.
    06-10-09 04:16 PM
    excellent.. I would actually prefer it to ship with a solid 4.7 OS instead and wait until the 5.0 gets just as solid.
    Agreed. I think everyone here is familiar with the Storm fiasco. And I'm sure RIM doesn't want a repeat of that.
    So with that said, if 4.7 is solid and perfected, bring it on. 5.0 will just have to wait.

06-10-09 05:19 PM
    CX (or anyone who could thoughtfully answer this question), What kind of speed bumps would cause the Tour to not be on the July 13th release date.
    The only thing that could hinder the 9630's release date would be something rather insignificant and would deal with the device and its functionality on the network. There are no major problems with this device. Most of the kinks have been worked out and its running very smoothly. Again if there was anything, it would be small. I don't forsee any delays. Again, this device is working great.

06-10-09 05:58 PM
    The only thing that could hinder the 9630's release date would be something rather insignificant and would deal with the device and its functionality on the network. There are no major problems with this device. Most of the kinks have been worked out and its running very smoothly. Again if there was anything, it would be small. I don't forsee any delays. Again, this device is working great.

this is the kinda info i love to hear. I cant wait to get this device it is so sexy.
    06-10-09 06:23 PM

I was at the VZW store getting my now FOURTH Storm and just for fun, I asked the very nervous rep about any new Blackberrys. He said the Storm 2 is coming out later this summer hahahaha and the Pearl Flip is coming soon but they're not sure when (THERE WAS A PRESS RELEASE FROM VERIZON LOL) Then, I said, "What about a Blackberry Tour, with a full keyboard?" He had absolutely no idea lol. I walked out with a finally fully-clicking, working Storm and a grin on my face.
    06-10-09 08:29 PM
    Sounds like the Tour will be a great phone with 4.7.1 or 5.0 Either way I will be getting one.
    06-11-09 11:52 AM
    Sounds like the Tour will be a great phone with 4.7.1 or 5.0 Either way I will be getting one.
    Definitely...I really don't think it would be worth waiting a few weeks (or even days!) for 5.0. There will be a mass upgrade anyway, and I doubt I'll notice many differences.
    06-11-09 11:56 AM
    whats the difference between 4.7 and 5.0 OS's? just speed?
    06-11-09 11:59 AM
    I've heard that the Sprint Tour will have the 4.7.1 OS at launch, and the 5.0 OS should also be available as an upgrade right around the time of Sprint's launch. Kinda doesn't make sense... but... it's what I heard
    06-11-09 12:01 PM
    whats the difference between 4.7 and 5.0 OS's? just speed?
    http://crackberry.com/hot-full-os-5-...s-walk-through
    06-11-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD