Hi Everyone,

I have the Tour and Desktop Manager on my computer with the current OS...my Dad has a blackberry, not sure what model nor does he (he is even more clueless than I am with it) but if I plug his phone into my computer and run my desktop manager will that give him the most up to date OS version? If so, is there a way that he won't get all my contacts in his phone?

Or, is there a place where he can just download the latest version on his phone?

I know, I"m clueless...thanks for any and all help!
    07-26-10 07:36 PM
    Hello cwaz,

Click your blackberry button and go to your options. then click about. The first thing listed should be your model number (mine says Blackberry (R) 9630).

Post with results.
    07-26-10 07:50 PM
    thanks gmandisco.....I will do that when I see him again.

Is there anyway from his phone he can download the latest OS or does it have to be connected to the computer and can he connect to my desktop manager?

Thanks!
    07-26-10 07:53 PM
    I have a BB Tour with Sprint and if I go to Options>Advanced Options>Wireless Update, it will update me to the latest OS. Just be sure to have some spare time and a charger close by. Desktop Manager is the fastest and easiest though.
    07-26-10 08:05 PM
    thanks bgriff25...he said he doesn't see wireless update on his phone...its a curve 8330 with OS v4.3.0.127...any other ideas on how to update to current OS?
    07-26-10 08:57 PM
    He will need to update using a computer.

The OS you have on the computer for your Tour will have no effect on his Curve.

And updating the OS will have no effect on the synced data. The data on your computer will not be synced to his device unless you intentionally sync it.

Updating the OS and syncing data are two completely separate processes that don't have anything to do with each other.

If you are not familiar with the process of updating the OS, be sure that you read and really understand ALL the instructions before proceeding.
    07-26-10 09:04 PM
    Thanks Motorcyle Mama...guess he's on his own! LOL
    07-27-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD