Good Grief. We just got 5.0. My Tour will be shot by the time 6.0 comes out.
    04-22-10 05:08 PM
    i just think that a phone that is less than a year old and can't be updated is pretty crappy. My personal opinion.
    05-17-10 10:21 AM
    does anyone know what Sprint will be carrying soon that will upgrade the 9650? I really dont want to get caught again like I did with the Tour (although the Tour I have has been fine thus far....I would like to upgrade the OS)
    11-07-10 05:14 PM
    I had heard that you can upgrade the Tour to 6.0. At least according to my wife's IT guy. Haven't tried it yet myself though.
    11-08-10 07:34 AM
    No, you can't. I've tried and failed. Maybe I'd have better luck playing with the 9650 files, but also don't feel like trying again lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 07:54 AM
    He did it. But I'm not sure how... There was a big caveat about a bunch of apps etc not working. I'm not a big fan of making the leap will VZW says its say to do so. Being on the "bleeding edge" usually ends badly for me
    11-08-10 07:56 AM
    Pics or it didn happen.
    11-08-10 08:13 AM
    He did it. But I'm not sure how... There was a big caveat about a bunch of apps etc not working. I'm not a big fan of making the leap will VZW says its say to do so. Being on the "bleeding edge" usually ends badly for me
    I'm interested in 'who' did it? I don't mind trying out new OS's.
    JB
    11-08-10 09:29 AM
    Trackpad is required, so again: pics or it didn't happen.
    11-08-10 09:52 AM
    Someone else came really close as well. Can the trackpad really be the only reason? The 9630 and 9650 are so alike.

11-09-10 12:00 AM
    Trackpad is required, so again: pics or it didn't happen.

You know what... I gave out mis information. I keep forgetting my wife has the trackpad now. We had the same phone till hers died and her IT dept replaced it with the bold or whatever.

My bad. It looks so close to mine I keep forgetting.
    11-09-10 06:56 AM
    Someone else came really close as well. Can the trackpad really be the only reason? The 9630 and 9650 are so alike.

Its not the reason at all. The main reason is just purely a commercial reason. Its forcing people people with a 9630 to upgrade. It would require them to code for a trackball and they don't want to do that, as that phone is EOL. But it can be done. Memory is sufficient as is the processor. You can put OS6 on a 9700 and that phone as 256 ROM. The 624 mhz processor in a 9700 is not more powerfull then the processor in the 9700. The cdma processors from qualqom function differently. Its like AMD and Intel. Mhz does not always say everything about the performance power.
    11-09-10 08:33 AM
    I was just about to post this question, then saw your post, thanks. I have US Cellular as my carrier and, by following Crackberry and the Blackberry posts to Facebook, am always concerned that I have the latest official release for my Tour. I still have time left on my contract before I can upgrade so it will be a while before I can move to a model with touch screen/trackpad. Again, thanks for this information.

No the tour won't get 6.0. The OS is built for touch screens and trackpad Blackberrys. Not trackballs. The Bold 9650 will be getting 6.0 but not tour unfortunately

11-10-10 10:57 AM
    I still think any reason not to give the Tour a laughbly modest update OS6 is bs. No wifi and a total lack of support. I only have this because I got it for cheap.

11-11-10 10:10 PM
    I dont think we will ever see OS6 for the 9630.

I dont know if it was mentioned before, I havent read through the whole thread so forgive me if I am repeating anything.

OS6 itself uses as much memory as the 9630 has, therefor everything will be running SLOOOOWWWWW.

The closest thing we will see to having OS6 is if someone is able to port some applications over such as the browser
    11-12-10 09:53 AM
    OK, if that is right then why did my friend get the notice for his Curve?
    01-30-11 06:30 AM
    I upgraded from the Tour to the Bold, one reason being I knew the Bold would handle OS 6. Now that it's out, I can honestly say I know now that I made the right decision!
    What I think is funny is that in the Themes section of the forum there are OS 6 themes for the Tour. How is the Tour going to handle an OS 6 theme? Funny

Thank god the 9630, 9650 and 9700 themes all work on the same device. Gives me more options for themes and variety.
    01-30-11 06:56 AM
    Just use a hybrid it works smoother than any 6.0 that a company will put out to the general public.
    02-02-11 12:00 PM
    I upgraded from the Tour to the Bold, one reason being I knew the Bold would handle OS 6. Now that it's out, I can honestly say I know now that I made the right decision!
    What I think is funny is that in the Themes section of the forum there are OS 6 themes for the Tour. How is the Tour going to handle an OS 6 theme? Funny

Thank god the 9630, 9650 and 9700 themes all work on the same device. Gives me more options for themes and variety.
    They are actually themes that replicate OS 6 default themes. Just as you can get Android or Window themes, you don't actually have those OS's on your BB.
    02-02-11 12:35 PM
    All I really want is the OS 6 web browser.
    02-02-11 11:02 PM
    OK, if that is right then why did my friend get the notice for his Curve?
    If I am not mistaken... OS6 can ONLY be installed on devices that use a Track-Pad. The Tour uses a Track-Ball. The newer Curve uses a Track-Pad.
    02-02-11 11:20 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD