All,
    Loaded the Official Verizon release 5.0.0.591 last night. Everything went fine. Have used the phone for almost 24 hours with no problem. A few minutes ago was getting ready to send an SMS text when the phone rest. Came back up with message "Technical issue return to place of purchase for repair" Did several battery pulls to no avail. Get same error message. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick
    03-31-10 03:51 PM
    It doesn't sound like an OS issue. I hate to sound stupid but maybe you should take the advice of your phone and "return to place of purchase for repair". If it's a Verizon phone and you have Verizon service, give'em a call and they'll fedex you a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 04:36 PM
    Well I took my Tour to the Verizon store last night and the tech tried to reload 4.7 on it three different times. Each time it got to about 50% and failed when it couldn't connect to the JVM. Bottomline: Walked out with a refurbed Tour. Spent most of the evening restoring messages and apps. Hope this doesn't happen again.
    04-01-10 07:41 AM
    the same exact thing happened to me, ausrion sent me a replacement phone, put 5.0 on it and then got that error message. I called verizon and he was like we have never heard of this issue before so now i have to wait for them to send me another one :/
    04-01-10 08:43 AM
    i think i am going to call VZW too to get a replacement phone. i can't seem to get that error off my screen.
    04-01-10 11:52 AM
    yep one guy in the office had this happen also...

Guess time to call in and see what they can do...
    04-01-10 12:19 PM
    New device for the guy in the office coming his way...

Weird. They reported no incoming calls for the issue yet....
    04-01-10 12:30 PM
    Well my 2nd Tour just bricked a few minutes ago with the exact same issue as yesterday. White screen with "Technical Issue return to place of purchase for repair" Appears to be a problem with SMS as both times this issue happened while typing an SMS message. What was everyone else doing when theirs crashed? HEading back to the Verizon store tonight.
    04-01-10 01:17 PM
    When you get a replacement device, load up .484 Sprint OS.. I went back to it with issues with Verizon's OS.
    04-01-10 01:20 PM
    Well my 2nd Tour just bricked a few minutes ago with the exact same issue as yesterday. White screen with "Technical Issue return to place of purchase for repair" Appears to be a problem with SMS as both times this issue happened while typing an SMS message. What was everyone else doing when theirs crashed? HEading back to the Verizon store tonight.
    My Sprint Tour did the same thing but I was in the BlackBerry Browser at the time.

Could RIM and/or the carriers be deliberately bricking leaked OS units?

Also, could there be an issue with the new BIS update that was done in the last few days?

The only apps I've loaded in the last week were the LinkedIn client and the Twitter leak (today)
    04-01-10 01:35 PM
    Agreed, I was running .484 for awhile with no issues. Appears to be a big bug in .591. Looks like Verizon is going to need to pull it or issue a quick fix.
    04-01-10 01:48 PM
    Don't think they are deliberately bricking if you running a leaked OS. My 2nd Tour was a stock 4.7 upgraded to official Verizon .591 OS. So it seems to be the new .591 release.
    04-01-10 01:55 PM
    This JUST happened to me too. Is there anyway I can wipe the phone and reload the os?
    04-01-10 05:55 PM
    This JUST happened to me too. Is there anyway I can wipe the phone and reload the os?
    I tried wiping, re installing and still no luck... Device locked up for me...

Anyways will keep you posted on his new device tomorrow...

Err Verizon is not aware of problems....
    04-01-10 05:57 PM
    Mann. How can I wipe my device and attempt to reload the new software?
    04-01-10 05:59 PM
    I am on my 3rd Tour in 3 days. Verizon store tech rep called customer service and they said they were unaware of the issue. Tech support is walking me through .591 setup again. Will see what happens.
    04-01-10 08:42 PM
    I am thinking of downgrading to 4.7 because of this! what the...........
    04-01-10 09:45 PM
    The corporate Verizon stores in Arizona will not touch the BB for upgrading. They won't take the responsibilities . I did the upgrade and hated it I am glad to have the 4.7 again.
    04-02-10 02:31 AM
    i only run official VZW OSs and i still got this error. i could not reload the OS, wipe or anything. i have had the 552 errors before on OS 4.7 anmd i could fix those. i was in SMS and just sent one. When i hit the BB menu button my phone reset and that Technical error came up!
    04-02-10 08:27 AM
    Well,
    I have gone 3 days now on my 3rd Tour and it is still running. Only difference is I have not loaded BerryWeather or BerryBuzz. I wonder if 1 of these apps is causing the problem? I am going to load one ata time and run for a day or two and see what happens.
    04-04-10 09:02 AM
    Mine crashed yesterday. VZW tried to make me pay for a replacement at first! I said that it was their stupid OS, and that I was happy to walk to the other side of the mall and get an Iphone. I spend 160 a month, on service. They gave me a refurb. I upgraded again. I had loaded linkedin, podtrapper, pandora and vz navigator. I was playing music when it happened.

04-04-10 09:22 AM
    I suppose I am the only one who had crashing on Sprints 484, issues with 419, and issues with the other 2 previous 5.0 leaks... but I've had NO issues with 591 at all. As a matter of fact this has been the most stable and best battery life since Sprints official 4.7 the phone shipped with.

I find it so hard to believe all these people are having issues. Maybe there is a common unique factor that 99% do not do. Interesting.
    04-04-10 09:28 AM
    I am beginning to wonder, personally, if there is something in the upgrade that is causing devices with borderline benchmark stats to brick. I know that I had a similar issue attempting to upgrade my Storm and when getting a replacement unit from Big Red, the upgrades worked fine. It's not much of a secret to anyone at this point that no two Blackberry units seem to behave alike. I had never seen the "Technical Issue" error either prior to upgrading beyond Sprint's official release (.484). But on both .530 and .591, my Tour has not even come back up after upgrading, going instead to the TI error, and causing me to reinstall the official.
    04-04-10 09:46 AM
    i am on day 3 with my replacement Tour that came loaded with 5.0.0.591. i have both BerryWeather and BerryBuzz installed the entire time. No run ins with the Tech Issue yet.

The only apps i don't have installed that i did on my previous bricked Tour are: UrbanSpoon and Trapster, and a theme made for 4.7. Mine bricked with Tech Issue when i was SMSing. i haven't re-downloaded any of those thinking they may the issue. No idea.

My previous Tour was prone to 552 Errors...so maybe there was a defect in that phone.

i'd really like to figure this error out.

04-04-10 10:07 AM
    The corporate Verizon stores in Arizona will not touch the BB for upgrading. They won't take the responsibilities . I did the upgrade and hated it I am glad to have the 4.7 again.
    How did you go back to the 4.7? I HATE the upgrade, it has totally jacked up my phone and I'd LOVE to just go back to the way it was.
    Thanks for any help!
    04-04-10 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD