on the crackberry homepage its talking about this new OS is it safe to download? im new to blackberry phones so im not to sure on how good downloading higher OS....

please help!!!
    Gracias
    09-17-09 07:43 PM
    You can read through a ton of other users' findings on .53 in the OS Beta forum. Here's the link to the thread over there...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...9630-a-317161/

Just remember that .53 is a beta and, as stated clearly on the CB homepage, you should therefore install at your own risk.
    09-17-09 07:47 PM
    09-17-09 07:53 PM
    ha yeah thanks im not daring enuf to try its not that serious to me!....hey maybe u can help me with another question. do you know why sometimes on txt messages it gives you 160 characters and 1 of 6 pages but most of the time its just 160 characters. i would like to have it always be 1 of 6 pages cuz i hate having to stop a text cuz its too long ya know
    09-17-09 07:56 PM
    SMS messages are limited to 160 characters on CDMA carriers like Verizon. In order to send longer messages, you'll need a third party app like Beyond160, which you can find in the CrackBerry App Store.

Frankly, if you don't have Beyond160 already installed, then I'm completely surprised that you've been able to send longer SMS messages on your Tour in the past...or was that in reference to a different device?
    09-17-09 08:01 PM
    yeah it only happens once every blue moon and i noticed it a couple times and i was going crazy trying to figure out why but okay that makes sense now thanks alot
    09-17-09 08:07 PM
    It's more than likely that you hit compose MMS which allows you to include infinitely more information in one message. I'll use it if i know that I need to compose a large message. But more often than not ill just use SMS format...
    09-17-09 08:27 PM
    It's more than likely that you hit compose MMS which allows you to include infinitely more information in one message. I'll use it if i know that I need to compose a large message. But more often than not ill just use SMS format...
    people have been reporting that sometimes they can send pages of sms, once in a blue moon though. people have been saying this for some time. not sure if i believe it, but that is what they have been saying.
    09-17-09 08:40 PM
    lol why dont you believe it...its not like theres a need to lie lol but yeah i wish it could be controlled without having to buy an app...
    09-17-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD