I rarely post here on Crackberry but I read here almost every day and make great use the the search tool to get my questions answered. I was wondering if it wouldn't make things easier if this this was better organized like the Storm forum. There are so many new threads and posts each day (most of which are redundant) that it becomes a chore to sift through all of them. I'm thinking that separating them into categories might clean it up a little.

Just my two cents.
    07-21-09 11:58 AM
    i can answer this for you as i've suggested the same before. the main reason why it won't is because the Storm is essentially a completely different BB since its touch screen while all others are trackball/keyboard. that being the case thats why the storm forum is "neater".

however the tour is different from the other phones at this point in time as there are some things that are preventing apps from working. i feel as if until said things are addressed and essentially on the same playing field as say the bold and the curve, topics in regards to the tour should stay in the tour board. because at this point the issues arent universal across other berries, just the tour.
    07-21-09 12:03 PM
    But couldn't all the Rants be put in one place, Apps in another, Tips in another, etc...
    07-21-09 12:18 PM
    But couldn't all the Rants be put in one place, Apps in another, Tips in another, etc...
    they could, but like i said, since all other BBs aside from the storm are similar they wont do this.
    07-21-09 01:08 PM
    The structure or organization of an individual device forum should have nothing to do with how similar or different that device is compared to others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 01:45 PM
    I think the main reason behind the Storm having its own forum is a product of it being the first and only touchscreen Blackberry. Their are simply just more people using a Storm or Storm forums perhaps then the other more conventional Blackberries.

07-21-09 01:54 PM
    The structure or organization of an individual device forum should have nothing to do with how similar or different that device is compared to others.

well up until the storm was released, there was no such individual forum for topics such as Apps, tips , rants/raves, etc.
    07-21-09 02:27 PM
    As the above comment were made I posted this before.....

With any release of a new device the Device section gets a lot of threads with a lot of question about the device, applications, cases, OS problems, or just general operation of the device.

We have subsections for whatever you need. Wallpapers, themes, 3rd party applications, GPS applications, accessories, etc......

You have to have some type or organization on the Forums... If not it will get ugly and fast....... But as for the Tour section in general, most applications, if not compatible, they soon will be. But you compared the applications and subsections to the Storm section.

This is not the same.

The Storm has a completely different OS (Touch Screen) which is why you have a 3rd party application section and there are specific apps released to work for the Storm and its features. You also have a specific OS discussion section which is specific to the Storm. You also have to remember with a lot of issues and upset consumers with the Storm upon its release and still to this day, you have the Rants and Raves section..... And you also have the Lounge, why? Because the Storm was more of a consumer smartphone, young and old. They have a place to hang out and discuss those ever wanting leaks...

User also have to remember when creating a thread, to
    use very descriptive titles. as that will keep things most organized and useful no matter where the treads are (makes search work better) and makes it easier for people to locate things. Some users say the search does not work. Sometimes this is the case with what the person is looking for. Why because users are making it this way.....

With all that said... The sub-sections are in place and always have been.

Will this change? It will definitely be looked at, but at this time all users have to follow the forum layout.
    07-21-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD