Okay so my contract with Verizon is up on Thursday and I'm going to order the Tour online.. but I had a few questions about ordering it online since it's my first Blackberry.. sorry they are probably stupid

-I know that when you BBM with people you use your PIN and usually your name is displayed in the conversation.. how is that set up?
    -Someone told me you can transfer your contacts from home when you order a phone online, is that possible?
    -I know that internet service is an additional cost so when you receive the phone in the mail is it automatically set up for internet service?
    08-31-09 01:11 PM
    -BBM only works bberry to bberry and your name will be displayed as well as the other parties in the convo
    -VZW offers BackUpAssistant but it is not compatible with a blackberry
    -You are required to get a data plan with a blackberry. That will be added to your account when you place your order.
    08-31-09 02:33 PM
    They may be able to transfer your contacts for you in the store. Depending on what type of phone you have now, you may be able to import them into Outlook, then sync to your new Berry.
    08-31-09 02:36 PM
    With this being your first BB, you may want to get your BB from a local corporate store.
    08-31-09 04:19 PM
    With this being your first BB, you may want to get your BB from a local corporate store.
    I agree....
    08-31-09 04:44 PM
    Okay. Thanks everyone!
    08-31-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD