I'm running OS 5.0 on my VZW Tour 9630. I did a battery pull on my phone, and after about 5 minutes after complete boot-up, my email icon changed. Rath er than the envelope with the small "globe" at the bottom, the globe had been replaced with a small orange envelope. I did another battery pull after that, and after boot-up, the icon was back to its original self...anybody else experience this?? An orange email icon??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 12:48 PM
    yea i did..i didnt know what it was and coudnt find a solution to what it was so i just deleted my hotmail account on my blakberry but when i tried to reinstall an email account on my blackberry the ornage envelope was gone but my hotmail acount was messed up so i had to switch to gmail and now the enevlope isnt there so mayeb try deleting the email account on blackberry and try seeting it up again
    06-25-10 01:14 PM
    It's the new logo for Hotmail.

And from what I can tell shows up when your account is on the MSP protocol. By removing and readding, it now defaults to POP3 and so you get the globe icon, but lose the real-time push delivery.
    06-25-10 02:10 PM
    i like the icon and actually swapped out my messages icon for just that email icon. Real time....eh...SWEET!!!
    06-26-10 02:27 PM
    The MTP shouldnt havre anything to do with the email icon
    06-26-10 02:47 PM
    It's the new logo for Hotmail.

And from what I can tell shows up when your account is on the MSP protocol. By removing and readding, it now defaults to POP3 and so you get the globe icon, but lose the real-time push delivery.
    Thanks for that very usefull info!!! Thanks again brotha!

07-01-10 07:54 AM
    I thougt that some thing was rong with the phone!

07-01-10 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD