I recently upgraded from an 8830 to the new Tour, and I'm having issues listening to a WAV file. The WAV file is actually a voicemail that is emailed from our corporate phone system, and I was able to listen to it on my 8830. There are also colleagues of mine that have the Storm, and they are able to listen to the WAV voicemails as well.

The exact error message that I receive when trying to listen to the file is:

"An error has occurred attempting to play media"

and I also get a little red box in the upper right hand corner that says:

"Error Playing".

I called Verizon, and they suggested for me to resend the service books from our BES. I tried that, but that didn't seem to make a difference. I also looked at core software under applications to make sure that the bb_attachment app was installed, and it was.

Has anyone came across this issue, or has been successful in trying to listen to a WAV file using their new Tour?

Thanks!
    07-21-09 10:10 AM
    I have the same issue. No problem on my Pearl.
    07-21-09 10:51 AM
    At least it's not just me.
    07-21-09 11:18 AM
    Has anyone came across this issue, or has been successful in trying to listen to a WAV file using their new Tour?

Thanks!
    I hadn't tried audio files until I read your post, so I went home and tried an assortment of .mp3, .mid, and .wav files. Out of about 20 files of each type one .mid and one .wav file wouldn't play, but all the others did.

I didn't look too much further into it, but I suspect the issue may be the sampling rate for the wav files. I'd have to compare the stats on the one that didn't play and the ones that did.

That topic came to mind relative to your issue because you said it was voicemail related in application to your employer. They may be trying to save disk space or bandwidth by sampling at a rate so low that the 9630 doesn't support.

To test, you could likely browse the web for some wav sites or try some from your home computer if you have any to try out on your Blackberry. If others play on your 'berry, it's likely a sampling setting your employer has set low.
    07-24-09 06:24 AM
    What do I have to do to make it so I can listen to the .wav files that I get from my company voice mail system on my Tour? I had no problem on the Curve.
    11-23-09 11:08 PM
    Same issue here
    11-24-09 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD