I want to pre-order the Tour but wasn't sure how the activation process works. I have a Verizon dumb phone right now and didn't know if service is automatically transferred or if I have to call Verizon when I receive the new phone? Also, is there a time restriction from when I need to activate the Tour as I might be out of town for a day or two when it arrives?
    07-07-09 02:05 PM
    I want to pre-order the Tour but wasn't sure how the activation process works. I have a Verizon dumb phone right now and didn't know if service is automatically transferred or if I have to call Verizon when I receive the new phone? Also, is there a time restriction from when I need to activate the Tour as I might be out of town for a day or two when it arrives?
    I pre-ordered online a few days ago. You basically select upgrade phone & pick a text plan (if you need it), select your data plan, or any other accessories. Instructions are included in the box (just activated a Curve from a dumb phone, bought through the mail for someone), it takes literally 3 minutes to do. I believe you might have to enter your order number (from the included invoice) or something similar (when ready to activate). It's explained very well in the paperwork. Good luck
    07-07-09 03:18 PM
    They don't care when you activate it. They got their end of the deal: your contract extension and your hardware payment. It could sit in the box for a year for all they care

It's a real easy switch, like the previous poster said, instructions are in the box.
    07-07-09 03:41 PM
    ya they dont really care if and when you eve activate the phone.
    and you can call or go online and activate

just one thing is if you out of town verizon ships fedex and you must confirm and sign for them to leave the phone
    atleast thats how it used to be
    07-07-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD