if you are in messaged and you hit C, it brings up the compose for email on mine
    Same here --- I've tried it several times - but C brings up an "email" box, not an SMS Box.

I think hubby and I will try out this Quicklaunch program.
    08-28-09 10:52 AM
    It doesn't matter if I am on the Home screen or in any app. The short menu comes up (phone, Internet, Home, BBB Msg and mail).
    08-28-09 11:04 AM
    It seems it's being really "gliltchy" I just got it to bring up the full menu on the home screen but now I can't - getting short menu only. Phone was bring up short menu in any app now it's bringing up the approp menu for that app
    08-28-09 11:06 AM
    lower your key rate in Options > Screen/Keyboard to "Normal"

The "short menu" you describe is the Application Switcher.
    08-28-09 11:19 AM
    From the Application Switcher, I don't know how to get to my Options - it shows only Phone Internet Home BB Msg and Mail. I cannot get to Options.
    08-28-09 11:26 AM
    Wouldya

Thank you so much for your help! It finally opened a Full Menu so I could get to Options. Made the change and it's working great!
    08-28-09 11:36 AM
    I'm not really an SMS kinda guy but Quick Launch is terrific and I believe you can assign an entry to SMS a particular contact.
    08-28-09 01:00 PM
    You're welcome, dhaymark
    08-28-09 01:12 PM
    If you click on the date at the top of the sms app, it will bring up the BB menu with new sms already highlighted. It's still the same amount of steps but all you have to do is open up SMS then double click the trackball.
    Just highlight the date at the top of the SMS app, and click Enter on your keyboard
    08-28-09 01:16 PM
    I start typing a contact's name, wait till their name comes up, hit the blackberry button, hit "S" on the keyboard, hit the blackberry button, and stat typing my text..

Sounds like a lot of steps, but it only takes 2 seconds or so.
    08-28-09 01:22 PM
    QuickText works great. It takes a homescreen icon but well worth it. Hit the quicktext icon and choose from any pre-selected contact you have put in and wallah. It also integrates with beyond 160 when both are installed, very cool.
    08-28-09 02:33 PM
    QuickText works great. It takes a homescreen icon but well worth it. Hit the quicktext icon and choose from any pre-selected contact you have put in and wallah. It also integrates with beyond 160 when both are installed, very cool.
    QSMS also is an icon. Therefore you can also make it a convenience key.
    08-28-09 03:16 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD