I went through the pre order, chose all of my services, paid with my credit card...free overnight shipping, activation charge waived all the cool stuff. I hit accept and my pop up blocker was on...I hit allow pop ups and the page loaded and said " your page has expired"
    I called verizon back and they can't give me an order number or a copy of what I just did for 48 hours.
    Makes me wonder if I really ordered it. I guess i could call my credit card company and see if the charge is pending in the morning...ugh ugh ugh
    I'm so mad. I want a tracking number and a copy of my order ....grrrrrrrr
    07-02-09 08:45 PM
    I would think you would get an email confirmation of the order as well.
    07-02-09 08:47 PM
    Nope, just checked.
    07-02-09 08:59 PM
    I received my confirmation email within minutes of placing the order. If you haven't yet, I would check the spam folder or call verizon to verify that the order went thru.
    07-02-09 09:00 PM
    I called and they did not see it and said it would take 24 hours. I'm calling my credit card company now.
    07-02-09 09:07 PM
    I have pop-ups blocked as well and didn't have an issue (in Safari 4). As mentioned, I got a confirmation email immediately once the order was confirmed.

I'm guessing your order didn't go through. Check with your credit card company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 09:08 PM
    I called the credit card company and they see a validation from verizon went through ( for the security code) but he does not see any charges yet on my bill.
    07-02-09 09:17 PM
    I called the credit card company and they see a validation from verizon went through ( for the security code) but he does not see any charges yet on my bill.
    It takes a day or two for a charge to process through the credit card system. The pending charge is an authorization placed by verizon to verify the funds are available.
    07-02-09 09:20 PM
    I got an e-mail confirmation of my order within 5 minutes of placing it. It landed in my Spam folder, but it was there.

I also have pop-ups blocked, which caused some confusion when the credit card safety verification came up, but I hit Refresh and it took me right to the final confirmation page---I was afraid that I was going to have a problem and breathed a sigh of relief.

Note to self: enable pop-ups before making any purchase.

If you don't have a confirmation e-mail from Verizon, your pre-order might not have gone through.

Good luck!
    07-02-09 09:24 PM
    [QUOTE=mededitor;2944597]I got an e-mail confirmation of my order within 5 minutes of placing it. It landed in my Spam folder, but it was there.

I also have pop-ups blocked, which caused some confusion when the credit card safety verification came up, but I hit Refresh and it took me right to the final confirmation page---I was afraid that I was going to have a problem and breathed a sigh of relief.

Note to self: enable pop-ups before making any purchase.

If you don't have a confirmation e-mail from Verizon, your pre-order might not have gone through.

Good luck![/QUOTE

When I go into pre order now it says that I am unable to continue so I have to believe the system knows my order is there. But non the less...i'm not going to sleep tonight.
    07-02-09 09:28 PM
    They are telling me I will have to try to pre order again in the morning. The online tech support team does not see the order and they have been having issues. I almost think it wasn't my system now. I think it's an issue on their end.
    Last edited by zippycrackberrygirl; 07-02-09 at 09:34 PM.
    07-02-09 09:32 PM
    Based on what I'm reading on another thread from people who still aren't able to place pre-orders, I have a feeling that you're right and the problem is on Verizon's end.

See if you can check your credit card online tomorrow before you place another pre-order, you don't want to get charged for two phones but only get one.

I hope you can sleep tonight!
    07-02-09 09:43 PM
    They are not going to charge your credit card until phone ships so forget about checking with the cc company. All you can do is check back with Verizon.
    07-02-09 09:46 PM
    They are not going to charge your credit card until phone ships so forget about checking with the cc company. All you can do is check back with Verizon.
    Some retailers do place a hold on your credit card (not an actual charge) when you place an order. I think it's worth checking (by phone, not online) because it's sounding like Verizon's pre-order site is getting flooded and is experiencing a lot of technical difficulties.

I guess I've learned to be distrustful and cynical when it comes to most retailers and service providers, which isn't necessarily a good thing, but I've been burned one too many times.
    Last edited by mededitor; 07-02-09 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Typo
    07-02-09 10:02 PM
    Did the same this as Zippy. Had confirmation # on screen, went to clear Pop-up Blocker, and lost receipt page. Good news, confirmation email ten minutes later.
    07-02-09 11:26 PM
    I went through the pre order, chose all of my services, paid with my credit card...free overnight shipping, activation charge waived all the cool stuff. I hit accept and my pop up blocker was on...I hit allow pop ups and the page loaded and said " your page has expired"
    I called verizon back and they can't give me an order number or a copy of what I just did for 48 hours.
    Makes me wonder if I really ordered it. I guess i could call my credit card company and see if the charge is pending in the morning...ugh ugh ugh
    I'm so mad. I want a tracking number and a copy of my order ....grrrrrrrr
    Sign into your VZW account and maybe you will be able to access your order # there.
    07-02-09 11:28 PM
    Did the same this as Zippy. Had confirmation # on screen, went to clear Pop-up Blocker, and lost receipt page. Good news, confirmation email ten minutes later.

Woot Finally they tell me I have an order number. I had to call online sales and then they found the order. I'm so happy to be able to get on with my day and stop checking my email in box
    Here is the confirmation they sent me. Is it what everyone else received?

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless, we appreciate your business. Your order is currently on hold as it is a pre-order.
    07-03-09 07:23 AM
    How does one go about getting the activation fee waived?
    07-03-09 08:31 AM
    I believe when activating a new line of service on the Verizon website, it's automatically waived.
    07-03-09 08:34 AM
    This whole thread makes me giggle... I almost screamed "WHY IS THIS EVEN A TOPIC" buuuut whatever floats your boat
    07-03-09 08:35 AM
    Yea.. I just pre ordered and opened a new line of service and the activation is clearly being charged.

Oh well.
    07-03-09 08:37 AM
    If you did not get the confirmation email, chances are your order did not go through.
    07-03-09 08:39 AM
    Yea.. I just pre ordered and opened a new line of service and the activation is clearly being charged.

Oh well.
    How odd... I've never paid act fee over the site. Nor has anyone I know come to think of it. Call em... Say you saw it advertised somewhere *shrugs* Lol.
    07-03-09 08:40 AM
    Love sheiscurvey's avatar.

Signature too!
    07-03-09 08:41 AM
    It was automatic
    07-04-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD