Go to a different store.
    07-10-09 04:35 PM
    Nslasha is the kind of "rep" that makes those in phone care and in tech work soooo much harder. I think I'll try to find his/her store and name and file a complaint through area feedback

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 04:39 PM
    that's bull. if they tell me that i'll be very upset. i've been waiting for this forever...yeah new customers are nice, but pissing off your current customers doesn't help you in the long run. if at&t had good service where i live, i'd switch and get the iphone if they told me that.
    07-10-09 05:11 PM
    and this crap from Verizon (withholding phones for new customers as the OP posted) is part of the reason why VZW is facing a massive exodus to AT&T (iPhone, Bold, etc.).
    07-10-09 05:21 PM
    Guys, bum is right. Its against the business code of conduct for a store to do that. If they try it then PLEASE get a reciept for something and call us with the store and rep info so we can arrange their untimely de.. Errrrmm... Set up additional training in proper service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 05:29 PM
    and this crap from Verizon (withholding phones for new customers as the OP posted) is part of the reason why VZW is facing a massive exodus to AT&T (iPhone, Bold, etc.).
    lol

Leaving Verizon and going to At&t because you want better customer service is like moving from Los Angeles to Beijing to avoid air pollution.
    07-10-09 06:19 PM
    they just want to make more money for themselves, that's it. i dont think it's about verizon getting new customers. just with new lines, reps get more share i believe. pretty sure it's separate from verizon corporate. it's easier to get bigger discounts when getting a new line than when you're just upgrading a phone.
    07-10-09 06:31 PM
    lol

Leaving Verizon and going to At&t because you want better customer service is like moving from Los Angeles to Beijing to avoid air pollution.
    I like that.
    07-10-09 06:33 PM
    lol

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

NICE.
    07-10-09 06:34 PM
    LOL, thats funny.
    lol

Even funnier.
    07-10-09 06:38 PM
    hooray! weekendbum was right! my mom went to the store earlier and they said it IS first come first serve now. maybe i just got a very misinformed rep the first time? oh well. i'm just happy i'll have my tour sunday morning.

and again, thanks for your help everybody!
    07-10-09 06:57 PM
    Kim told me that they had plenty of tours. Just to come in at 10 when they open cause its relatively quiet at that time. So I asked you're not doing anything special for this launch? I live in a small town less then 100k population. I'm not worried about them being sold out. neither am I worried that they won't sell me one cause I'm an existing customer. The verdict is still out if I will order online or go into the store. I like being the one to open the box. therefore ready to wait a few more days for that bene, however, on the other hand I WANT IT SUNDAY!!!! whats a crackhead to tooo??????
    07-10-09 07:01 PM
    Kim told me that they had plenty of tours. Just to come in at 10 when they open cause its relatively quiet at that time. So I asked you're not doing anything special for this launch? I live in a small town less then 100k population. I'm not worried about them being sold out. neither am I worried that they won't sell me one cause I'm an existing customer. The verdict is still out if I will order online or go into the store. I like being the one to open the box. therefore ready to wait a few more days for that bene, however, on the other hand I WANT IT SUNDAY!!!! whats a crackhead to tooo??????
    gah, i know how you feel. nobody understands why i'd rather pay $70 more to get it now then wait a couple days, but it feels like i've waited SO long, i don't want to wait any longer than i absolutely have to. i've always ordered my previous phones online. this is the first time i'm ever going to get a phone in the store!
    07-10-09 07:06 PM
    Are they in stores to play with yet?
    07-10-09 07:08 PM
    The last thing I would imagine they'd want is you to leave without spending anything. I'd show up anyways if I were you.
    Spending money on a phone means a lot less than you may imagine.
    07-10-09 08:20 PM
    if i got 4 new lines of service wanting tours and 1 customer asking for an upgrade to the tour, better believe im taking the new lines.

edit: trust me, theres plenty of times where people have wanted to upgrade and ive walked em out lol
    Would u care to share what store u work at, with that attitute i want customers to know WHERE NOT TO GO AND BUY VERIZON PRODUCTS i know i would drive 20 miles out of my way to not give employees at this store any kind of credit.
    07-10-09 09:34 PM
    I doubt nslasha is even a rep.
    07-10-09 09:56 PM
    I'd flip **** on my local store if they try to do this to me....
    07-10-09 10:01 PM
    I doubt nslasha is even a rep.
    edit: no point in fueling the fire, your minds are made up lol
    Last edited by nslasha; 07-11-09 at 12:10 AM.
    07-10-09 11:49 PM
    I caught this thread late, but to those of you who say sales reps are so slimy... I say you try and be in our position. I happen to be one and yes I do pitch all my products to the fullest... WHY? Because it is my job... its the nature of the beast. In the end no one is holding a gun to your head and a customer has the freedom to make their own decisions. Do you think I blame my car dealer for getting me into the upside down situation I'm currently in with my truck... NO.

Its unfortunate that some stores are holding the phones for New service only. My store received 60 and no we are not holding them for new service only. I honestly think there will be plenty to go around. There isn't as much hype for this phone as there was for the storm. Plus, for the storm a lot of stores were doing upgrades early for customers who were willing to sign up for the Blackberry Data plan for the first time. This go around a lot of the people wanting to get into the tour are existing Storm users who already have a data pkge. Meaning 99% of all store managers will not approve these upgrades for customers who already have those data plans.

My advice to any customer who is worried of "so called" slimy people/salesmen is to do your research online before you buy.
    Last edited by stormdevil; 07-11-09 at 12:19 AM.
    07-11-09 12:16 AM
    I caught this thread late, but to those of you who say sales reps are so slimy... I say you try and be in our position. I happen to be one and yes I do pitch all my products to the fullest... WHY? Because it is my job... its the nature of the beast. In the end no one is holding a gun to your head and a customer has the freedom to make their own decisions. Do you think I blame my car dealer for getting me into the upside down situation I'm currently in with my truck... NO.
    I was in Sales, for 7 years and yes, many are slimy but it really depends on the industry. Generally, the more commisions are involved the more slimy they are.

Its unfortunate that some stores are holding the phones for New service only. My store received 60 and no we are not holding them for new service only. I honestly think there will be plenty to go around. There isn't as much hype for this phone as there was for the storm. Plus, for the storm a lot of stores were doing upgrades early for customers who were willing to sign up for the Blackberry Data plan for the first time. This go around a lot of the people wanting to get into the tour are existing Storm users who already have a data pkge. Meaning 99% of all store managers will not approve these upgrades for customers who already have those data plans.
    I believe Bum already indicated that it was against Verizon policy to do this and you are saying that 99% of people that have Storms and want to upgrade to the Tour will be denied? Sounds like you and the OP need to re-read your Verizon Policies and Procedures manual again.

My advice to any customer who is worried of "so called" slimy people/salesmen is to do your research online before you buy.
    If we buy online like I'm going to do then we don't have to deal with the slime
    07-11-09 12:37 AM
    Wow. that totally sucks. I told my local store to hold 4 for me and 2 for a buddy and his boss. The manager said "no problem". As a matte of fact, on thursday evening, I went to play with it and the manager told me I could have it then, but it wasnt ringing up in the system yet. I had told him the rep had told me earlier that he could only hold one, the managers reply to me was I instructed my reps to do that, but I know that when you say your gonna buy 5 phones, you'll buy 5 phones. Also, he said **** be there 2 hours early, so if I wanted to come in before the store opens, then no sweat. And none of this gonna be "new business". But I will be loyal to this store because they give me excellent service.

To the OP, I would totally complain, yell, whatever,because your store is totally screwed up!!! Youre asking for one phone only. That is way screwed and If at all possible, go pick one up at sprint, and take it to manager at vzw. Yup, sprint was saving one for a new customer!

WHeres the growth if you cant retain customers in any business?
    07-11-09 01:08 AM
    But, in essence it's not growing the company. If you lose a current customer, but gain a new one, there's no net gain. But, in the process, you've pissed off a customer that will then go around and tell everyone of their experience. IMO, you're much better off treating everyone fairly, with respect, and that you want everyone's business.
    1 satisfied customer will tell 1 person. 1 dissatisfied customer will tell 10 people. It's business 101. But when your business is so big, and you have "the network" then it takes a whole lot of dissatisfied customers. Me being one, only here because family plan = $10 phone line.

I agree if you treat your people (customers and associates) right you'll be better off. Only problem is it doesn't always reward as much as fast as the way things are being done. In my opinion everyone loses. These big greedy corporations help people put food on the table and keep prices low, but I can't help but feeling as time moves on an individual human becomes less and less significant.
    Last edited by doomedromance; 07-11-09 at 01:25 AM.
    07-11-09 01:21 AM

Just because you're a salesman does not mean you're not customer service as well. You still need to be the customers advocate and explain the best option for them, not take advantage of their ignorance.
    07-11-09 07:48 PM
    Go to Best Buy. They were much more helpful and willing to work with me. I will be picking up mine tomorrow morning @ 11.
    07-11-09 07:52 PM
100 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD