On the right side of my tour the plastic piece below the chrome with the right side concvience key, charger, volume buttons, and ear phone jack, is coming away from the phone. The top of the plastic piece is no flush with the chrome bezel like on the left side. If you look on the back next to the camera the plastic piece is also loose and leaving a gap. My 30 days are up sunday, should I be worried and return my tour and ask for a green dot tour?

P.s. Everything else about my tour is perfect besides a little screen rippe and slightly loose battery cover.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 05:38 PM
    Any chance you can post a picture? Im not sure where the problem is on the phone. Have you taken apart your Tour by any chance?
    09-09-09 05:46 PM
    On the right side of my tour the plastic piece below the chrome with the right side concvience key, charger, volume buttons, and ear phone jack, is coming away from the phone. The top of the plastic piece is no flush with the chrome bezel like on the left side. If you look on the back next to the camera the plastic piece is also loose and leaving a gap. My 30 days are up sunday, should I be worried and return my tour and ask for a green dot tour?

P.s. Everything else about my tour is perfect besides a little screen rippe and slightly loose battery cover.

if you do have to return it. you have a 1 year warrenty on the phone
    09-09-09 05:47 PM
    No have haven't taken it apart. I don't have the nuts to do that, let alone the skill. Sorry I'm at school so I don't have a camera to get a pic to show you guys I know it would be a lot easier to understand if I did have a pic.

So any time with in the year if the issue gets worse I can take it in and get it fixed? Or will they replace it? I'm just worried if I swap it out ill getone with a bad battery, I can user heavily starting at 7 am and go till 10 pm and be no lower than 65 percent. Other than what I listed in the OP this phone is perfect. First BB and I love this phone!

09-09-09 06:10 PM

So any time with in the year if the issue gets worse I can take it in and get it fixed? Or will they replace it? I'm just worried if I swap it out ill getone with a bad battery, I can user heavily starting at 7 am and go till 10 pm and be no lower than 65 percent. Other than what I listed in the OP this phone is perfect. First BB and I love this phone!

yes, if you have any problems with the phone, software or hardware related within the year more then likly they will swap out your phone for another Tour.

do not worry about getting a bad battery because you get to keep your old battery, they dont give you a new one.
    09-09-09 06:12 PM
    If you do get another one, I suggest getting a protective skin maybe? I dont care for them, but maybe it will prevent this from happening in the future. But if you have been taking care of your device, you may have just gotten a faulty/shabby built device. I havent heard this problem before without someone dropping their phone or something, so if you get a new one I doubt you would have this same problem again.
    09-09-09 06:13 PM
    I noticed this a few days after i got the phone, but it seems to have gotten worse. Right now i think i will hold onto and see what happens. Plus i need to hook up to DM to back up my phone, haven't done so except after i first got it.

I bought a body gaurdz skin and didn't like it too well, so i took it off. I just ordered a phantom skinz and i'm going to give that a try.
    09-09-09 06:20 PM
    I noticed this a few days after i got the phone, but it seems to have gotten worse. Right now i think i will hold onto and see what happens. Plus i need to hook up to DM to back up my phone, haven't done so except after i first got it.

I bought a body gaurdz skin and didn't like it too well, so i took it off. I just ordered a phantom skinz and i'm going to give that a try.
    well dont install phantomskinz on this phone if your thinking about returning it due to a hardware problem.

get the new phone first, then install the Phantonskinz. by the way, I have phantomskinz on my Tour right now and I love them! best skin I have had!
    09-09-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD