View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Tour?

Voters
671. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Love it.

573 85.39%
  • It's okay, but I'll keep it.

57 8.49%
  • No - Returning it.

41 6.11%
    I won't get mine until Tuesday, but I figured it'd be nice to have an official poll.
    07-12-09 01:07 PM
    Absolutely love it so far! Although, I am still trying to figure out some things with this being my first blackberry. For some reason, I can't download blackberry app world.
    07-12-09 01:10 PM
    Got mine. Never had a blckberry so I can't compare it. I love the browsing, its so damn fast. I hate the messaging, the texts should be threaded. I love the web and the os though. I'm appy with my 270 dollar purchase as of right now. Ill update tomorrow after the first 24 hours. Oh and the keyboard is awesome. So easy to type, I love it. The only complaint about the keyboard is that you have to hit the alt button to use a period. On my treo it was its own key, so it was faster to type it. Overall its the best keyboard I've ever used

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 01:12 PM
    Quick tip for you: If you press the spacebar twice, it adds a period and then puts a space after it. It's much faster than hitting alt + .
    07-12-09 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the tip on adding the period. In terms of being threaded, the messages before do show up.
    07-12-09 01:15 PM
    I was the first person at my store in Staten Island and I bought the very first Tour they had. I put it on hold yesterday at the store though so I didn't need to be there early but I was just too excited to wait.
    07-12-09 01:22 PM
    I'm very satisfied w mine. No complaints as of yet but I've only had it about two hours. I'm coming from the 8330.

07-12-09 01:23 PM
    Best Blackberry I have owned so far. ^_-

07-12-09 01:25 PM
    I upgrade to the tour from the 8330, i have to say thats its awesome.. the screen is bright and crisp..keyboard is amazing.. camera works very fast and takes great pics...solid build....overall i am very happy with this device...it might not seem like a big upgrade from the curve 8330 but once you start playing with it u notice new little things... Like how you can flick the trackball now to go to the next pic...Overall very Happy
    07-12-09 01:26 PM
    Love it so far
    07-12-09 01:26 PM
    Quick tip for you: If you press the spacebar twice, it adds a period and then puts a space after it. It's much faster than hitting alt + .
    thats awesome!!! thanks for the tip man appreciate it, makes it a lot easier to type "proper" haha
    07-12-09 01:28 PM
    Love it so far. We should run the poll again in a month after people have a chance to use it for a while.
    07-12-09 01:38 PM
    I had the 8130 pearl and now I have a tour. I am SO happy. I feel like I can just throw away my pearl now. I won't. I love eBay as much as this phone.

07-12-09 01:40 PM
    I love it! The phone is hella wicked.
    07-12-09 01:48 PM
    seems like everyone is happy with their tours. hopefully it's a good phone because im just coming from a 8350i (nextel blackberry) to the tour. don't get me wrong i love the 8350i it was a great phone but the serivce end sucked. couldn't watch youtube or no vids at that and the web was just so slow. can't blame that on the phone, but we can blame that one on nextel iden network . i guess once i sell my phone on ebay i would be going on a tour as well very soon. hopefully this phone is great as everyone says because it looks cool and im a blackberry fan and i feel i haven't gotten the full effects of a blackberry. now i just gotta get my girl to convert back to the blackberry. she hated the service so bad on the 8350i she went and got a iphone 3gs yesterday!!!! we almost broke up cause of that
    07-12-09 01:49 PM
    This is my first blackberry, although I have played with all the others, and I have to say this one is awesome. The only thing I really want to know is how in the **** do I change what pops up in the shortcut menu (when you hold down the menu button) or how to change anything on the menu at all.

And I'd like to know how to access the SD card.
    Last edited by word itz chris; 07-12-09 at 01:53 PM.
    07-12-09 01:50 PM
    Thanks for the tip on adding the period. In terms of being threaded, the messages before do show up.
    Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but love to get some insight on the Tour. Does it have threaded text similar to how a Treo phone organizes messages? I know that previous BB's did not. Also, how is the visual voicemail?

Thank you for your assistance.
    07-12-09 01:54 PM
    I have had many blackberries and this one so far, in my opinion, is the best yet. Especially coming from the Storm
    07-12-09 01:58 PM
    I am in love with this phone. Everything is so fast and the keyboard is amazing!!! If you are thinking about getting the tour, go ahead and do it. You won't be sorry!

07-12-09 01:58 PM
    Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but love to get some insight on the Tour. Does it have threaded text similar to how a Treo phone organizes messages? I know that previous BB's did not. Also, how is the visual voicemail?

We have semi-threaded messaging, but that's it. It works, but it not what you're used to. Soon enough, OS 5.0 will be released which supports full threaded text messaging. It's coming!

I don't use visual voicemail, but I'm sure it works just fine.
    07-12-09 02:11 PM
    I am happy with mine. I really missed having a physical keyboard. So far everything is working like a champ.
    07-12-09 02:12 PM
    more then satisfied.. thrilled! this is long waited for me to have a cdma keyboard...

device is great so far!
    07-12-09 02:15 PM
    Hi All,

If you want the VVM and don't mind paying for it, I hear it's a very good setup. But many people here save the 3 bucks and set up an account with YouMail and use the 3rd party app by Joe Krill called VyMail. Works just as good, AND it's FREE.

I am going to the store today to play with it, but I can't get it until Nov On the plus side though, when I do get it, I'll get $100 off the two-year renewal price
    07-12-09 02:17 PM
    Went to my best buy by my house, and they had 6 Verizon Tours and I was the ONLY person to go in there and ask about them! Too bad I'm with Sprint, so I'll have to wait until its delivered (prays for tuesday) *Crossing Fingers*
    07-12-09 02:33 PM
    Like the device but I miss the larger trackball of my 8330
    07-12-09 02:35 PM
233 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD