I have been trying to get my Verizon Tour BB to vibrate and ring at the same time without any luck. Now, I am trying to get the unit to ring more than twice before voice mail picks up but have not had any luck either. I called Verizon and they said nothing could be done. Does anyone know how to do either one of these two things? Or is it just not possible???
    Thanks.
    09-17-09 12:22 AM
    rind and vib only got it to work with an app i don't know about the 2rings...
    09-17-09 12:25 AM
    There is a free app that is very useful called BuzzMe. This app allows your phone to vibrate AND ring at the same time. Check it out.
    09-17-09 12:30 AM
    Should be standard 6 rings 30 seconds on VZW...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 12:30 AM
    2 rings before VM picks up?? The caller hears two rings and then your VM picks up? Or your phone makes a ring sound twice before it picks up?
    09-17-09 12:59 AM
    Try a program by I think its called "Buzzme" a free app for the standard version in app world that makes the phone vib and ring at the same time. I know I don't like that it vibrates twice before it starts ringing either but I have a 3rd party program that allows it to buzz/ring as well. As far as rings to voicemail if you ask nice enough a Tech can change your ring time PM me if you'd like me to help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 01:20 AM
    As far as rings to voicemail if you ask nice enough a Tech can change your ring time PM me if you'd like me to help.
    Does the same apply for Sprint customers? Currently, I get 20 seconds of ring-time. When I had Nextel years ago, I had 30 seconds. When I got the Tour, I called CS requesting an extended ring-time and they told me it's not possible. I would pay for an extension in the number of rings it takes prior to going to VM.
    09-17-09 01:59 AM
    I had my own issue with this earlier today. When I started adjusting my ringer, volume, vibrate, etc. I wasn't taking into account the fact that - by default - the Tour will not ring and vibrate simultaneously. Missed call after missed call, I wasn't catching on yet, even though aware of this fact. I disabled the vibration for incoming calls and cranked up the ringer volume a bit... vibe just doesn't seem to be very strong regardless.

I do get frustrated though when, after only a few short rings, the call is forwarded to voicemail. Not every person has their phone next to them at all times, and what is even more frustrating is that the majority of the calls I will miss will be right when I'm grabbing my phone to answer it. My patience will persevere, though.
    09-17-09 02:14 AM
    Does the same apply for Sprint customers? Currently, I get 20 seconds of ring-time. When I had Nextel years ago, I had 30 seconds. When I got the Tour, I called CS requesting an extended ring-time and they told me it's not possible. I would pay for an extension in the number of rings it takes prior to going to VM.
    I've got the tour with sprint and the ring time is about 20 seconds. I had the 8350i blackberry previously and i had that extended to 30 seceonds. I'll call sprint cs and see what they tell me. Sometimes it's the knowledge of the rep that makes all the difference.
    09-17-09 03:40 AM
    Buzz me works pretty good. When I was with Nxtl they had an option the cs rep could adjust called "Ringtone extension" making the phone ring for 30 sec. However they were the only carrier that could make the change.

I know when i call my wife's sprint bb, it rings twice on the callers end, before the recieveing phone even rings. Kinda sux, but oh well.
    09-17-09 09:22 AM
    You can call vzw and have them change this. Options go up to 8 rings 40 seconds I believe.
    09-17-09 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD