So yep, just got my 5th Tour in the mail, the 4th one was the BEST phone Ive ever had, for 4 days, until the trackball stopped responding completely left to right, and I had to set it to 100 to even get it to cooperate a bit.

So I take number 5 out, I don't care about battery door issues so I will skip that, but this one had the WORST screen ripple ever, a "bit" of a mic issue, had 1 out of 3 people complain. BUT, scrolling left to right is making the phone have seizures and jump all around.

So while speaking to BB support to activate my new one last night, I told her about the issues upon turning it on and said I am going to end up exchanging this but at least the trackball works somewhat so I will activate it. I programmed it, and turned it back on, messed with it for a second, and said you know what screw this the screen is terrible send me another. She says, "I cant maam" I say why? She said we at any department at Sprint are not allowed to exchange the phone because its new, you need to go to a store. I am like ok first of all you are misinformed and cannot do your job, because if you had enough common sense you could see this is my fifth phone and they have all came from Sprint themselves not the store. She said thats our policy maam, why don't you get a "better" phone if this one is so bad, that made me more . So I hung up.

My problem being, closest corporate store is about 2 hours away with traffic, and the two times I've been there, the first time the guy "accidentally" dropped my Touch Pro and had to replace it, no biggie. But the second time, he accidentally erased my numbers because he figured the porting machine "would have been fixed" by then. Pissed me off. Thank god I realized a few days later I had them backed up,

So all in all, our corporate store sucks, I am NEVER gonna get my mail in on this phone because I keep getting them.

So do I just take this whole thing as a loss? And use my eligibility for the Curve or what? I LOVE the screen, keyboard, and everything about the phone so I am not sure what to do
    08-22-09 09:57 AM
    You're admitting defeat because one rep said no? Call back in and get a rep who knows what they're doing.
    08-22-09 10:00 AM
    No not at all, I have one guy that I deal with who is an account executive and he can get me one of even someone in advanced tech. The point is, I am never going to get my mail in, my account is completely screwed up because of all of these phones, I am tired of sending them back. I just want to have a working phone. I wonder if it makes more since to just drive to the store to see it in store instead of waiting for a new one every 4 days ya know?

Other than that, i think the mic issue is pretty much obsolete now, I haven't had that issue majorly since my second one
    08-22-09 10:05 AM
    I was lucky and my second tour rocks. But the odds of getting a good one are reset each time you go back for a new one. If you had thousands of ppl flipping a coin and heads was good tails was bad someone is bound to flip tails many times in a row it is simple odds and I believe her that she is getting bad phones. The screen ripple was fixable on my first tour by tightening the screws under the cover.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 10:19 AM
    he screen ripple was fixable on my first tour by tightening the screws under the cover.

Might try that, thanks! All I am looking for in a phone is a working trackball that doesnt go all over the place when trying to scroll left to right and vice versa. I HAD that on this last one for 4 days, I then had to put it to sensitivity 100 to get it to move
    08-22-09 10:29 AM
    I don't give Verizon complements very often but they have their Sh** together on defective 9630,s...the green dot special while Sprint has no clue.
    I spoke with Sprint BB support yesterday...it didn't go so well.
    They wouldn't acknowledge that 9630 had defect so I directed BB team to their own web site-Buzz About Wireless forums to view mods response to issue.
    The dummy's then dig deep into system finding there is issue with hardware.
    I asked them what happens after 30 day of owning device ,Trackball goes bad will you replace with new batch for free.
    The answer = NO you will have to call RIM ,they have 1 year warranty.
    So if my 500.00 device goes bad after 30 days due to defect I will have to pay 100.00 bucs for refurb.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-22-09 at 11:14 AM.
    08-22-09 10:55 AM
    I would have told u take it to the store also. I mean if your trackball working u can live with a screen ripple. I always prefer to take it to the store so they can see my problems are real and im not looking for a multi fru.
    08-22-09 10:59 AM
    I was lucky and my second tour rocks. But the odds of getting a good one are reset each time you go back for a new one. If you had thousands of ppl flipping a coin and heads was good tails was bad someone is bound to flip tails many times in a row it is simple odds and I believe her that she is getting bad phones. The screen ripple was fixable on my first tour by tightening the screws under the cover.

Ive went through 4 of them-Bad trackball ,screen ripple with 2 having voice muffle.
    Ive also visited 5 sprint stores having managers open total of 12 boxes to see if screen ripple/trackball issue was present.
    EVERY FREAKING SINGEL ONE HAD ISSUE.One of the store manager told me 3/4 sold from his store had been returned.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-22-09 at 11:36 AM.
    08-22-09 11:19 AM
    Thanks guys, I am glad some of you have common sense.... To the other saying its a user error, I guess I tell my phone to get all screwy when I try to school left and right correct? When its a world wide issue, I guess those other people are "using the phone wrong" as well?

Now my problem, its been over 30 days, they were nice enough to exchange it last week for the one I got last night, now, basically I am stuck with this phone. I have been trying to get ahold of the store to explain everything since they are 2 hours away, I don't wanna waste my time, but of course they don't pick up.
    08-22-09 12:26 PM
    I think you have every right to expect your phone to work. You paid hard earned money for it. Unfortunatly it will take legwork and a free afternoon.

Sorry to say but, you may have to take a man with you. Some people in our society do not respect women the same way. Just take a man to stand with you. Boyfriend, husband brother, bum on the street. It doesn't matter. Do not leave the store until you are satisfied. They will make you happy to make you leave. If not, give them the "I will just check out Verizon" line and watch them twitch. I promise they will not let you take the $800-$1200/yr to another carrier. Be diligent and be pissed. Don't let them see you back down. Don't let them give you "call retention" crap either. Stores have managers to make these decisions.

I am new to BB, but not new to phones. I have been with Sprint for 12 Yrs and always get what I want.
    08-22-09 12:41 PM
    I don't need a man to go with me lol. I am one of the biggest bitches you will ever meet trust me haha. I called the Leesburg, Va store, guy was very nice, I even said I was outside 30 days and he told me to bring everything and come on down, I am on my way there now, wish me luck!!!
    08-22-09 12:49 PM
    I think you have every right to expect your phone to work. You paid hard earned money for it. Unfortunatly it will take legwork and a free afternoon.

Sorry to say but, you may have to take a man with you. Some people in our society do not respect women the same way. Just take a man to stand with you. Boyfriend, husband brother, bum on the street. It doesn't matter. Do not leave the store until you are satisfied. They will make you happy to make you leave. If not, give them the "I will just check out Verizon" line and watch them twitch. I promise they will not let you take the $800-$1200/yr to another carrier. Be diligent and be pissed. Don't let them see you back down. Don't let them give you "call retention" crap either. Stores have managers to make these decisions.

I am new to BB, but not new to phones. I have been with Sprint for 12 Yrs and always get what I want.

+1 A simple threat to take your business elsewhere should do the trick.
    I don't see anything wrong with that.
    08-22-09 12:52 PM

Thats only true if we assume that 50% of all Blackberry Tours are defective, and we know they're not..
    08-22-09 01:16 PM
    I'm not sure about that although I always deal with retentions instead of stores. But from my experiences, they just work there and could care less if you cancel. I just don't feel like getting another one shipped, I'd rather go through them in the store and pick what I want :-)
    08-22-09 01:18 PM
    I'm not sure about that although I always deal with retentions instead of stores. But from my experiences, they just work there and could care less if you cancel. I just don't feel like getting another one shipped, I'd rather go through them in the store and pick what I want :-)
    Good luck in Leesburg. Like I said don't back down and don't leave the store until your happy. Trust me if your unhappy and sitting in the store, they now you will eventually start talking to other customers in the store. This will in turn, have customers running. Even if thats not what your trying to do, other customers will not want the same frustrations. They will make it right.
    08-22-09 01:25 PM
    I'm with you on this one, I went through a bunch of tours and my wife went through a couple also. In the end we decided to go back to our old phones at least until sprint gets their stuff together. It was to the point that I was on the phone every other day with them. I say though, if you like the phone and you're paying that kind of money for it, it damn well better be a good phone with no problems. Just my opinion though.
    08-22-09 01:26 PM
    This isn't exactly true. What you have to do is get their name and store number. Then inform them that you'll be calling CS to cancel your account and when CS asks you why you're canceling, you'll be telling them that BLANK from store number BLANK wouldn't honor my warranty on my new Blackberry and that I'd rather switch to a carrier that will honor their warranties. This will usually change their mind, or they'll have you talk to their manager.
    Last edited by Dsmithjr; 08-22-09 at 01:42 PM.
    08-22-09 01:35 PM
    Let's just say I've went through so much BS I'm gonna end up paying 50 for the phone. Lol. And yes I'm always like that anyways, like if someone picks up a crappy Samsung or Lg I tell them how ****ty it is lol. I've had Sprint 12 years as well. I just HATE dealing with stores.
    08-22-09 01:37 PM
    Let's just say I've went through so much BS I'm gonna end up paying 50 for the phone. Lol. And yes I'm always like that anyways, like if someone picks up a crappy Samsung or Lg I tell them how ****ty it is lol. I've had Sprint 12 years as well. I just HATE dealing with stores.
    Just punch "em in the face if you have to. Violence gets you what you want. LOL.
    08-22-09 01:39 PM
    why dont you just go to the store and play with the phone for a while until you see that its satisfactory??? if its not ask for another...
    08-22-09 01:42 PM
    I guess I am a lucky one. My first Tour from Sprint has zero problems. No loose battery door, no trackball issues, no screen ripple, nothing.

I don't know about everyone else but $199.00 is not chump change and if I am going to spend that much money the device needs to work properly.

I love the Tour and it is by far the best device I have ever had. I hope you get it all worked out. These people flaming on here or ridiculous.
    08-22-09 01:51 PM
    why dont you just go to the store and play with the phone for a while until you see that its satisfactory??? if its not ask for another...
    That's the reason I'm driving to the store lol. Why else would I drive almost 2 hours?

And yea if this guy pisses me off I just might punch him in the face haha. Wouldn't be the first time. I'm sure ill get lost I've never been to this store and its down in the city
    08-22-09 01:52 PM
    yea, call back until you get someone who knows what they're talking about.
    08-22-09 01:59 PM
    I guess I am a lucky one. My first Tour from Sprint has zero problems. No loose battery door, no trackball issues, no screen ripple, nothing.

I don't know about everyone else but $199.00 is not chump change and if I am going to spend that much money the device needs to work properly.

I love the Tour and it is by far the best device I have ever had. I hope you get it all worked out. These people flaming on here or ridiculous.
    Its ok it doesn't bother me at all. Sometimes guys just have to look for something or someone to ***** at because they have to compensate for things they're missing ;-)
    08-22-09 02:03 PM
    I'm new here to the Crackberry World so hey all lol. I feel you on the issues with the Blackberry Tour. Mine gets too warm when I'm using it and my trackball doesn't work that well either. Just like you there aren't any Corporate stores near by me either. The funny thing is that a Sprint supervisor told me yesterday that it's a known issue that the phone over-heats but they won't replace it and if they do it'll be my second time and 3rd phone. Sprint has no respect for any of their customers and you could be diabled, blind or an everyday customer and Sprint wouldn't care. The only reason I haven't went to another carrier is because I have a Lifetime Discount on my 3 lines. Of course they are trying to force me to leave so they won't have to keep honoring my discount but I'm not "I FIGHT BACK." If we as customers don't fight back Sprint will continue to try and push people around. I say file a complaint with the FCC and your Attorney General's Office. It's not the customers fault if the device keeps having issues. The web address for the FCC is Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page

The Tour is a great device but it would be nice if Sprint or Verizon would just fix the issues so we could all move on already. Sometimes you have to give things a chance. Good Luck and I hope they can help you if not go to sprint.com and click on the Contact Us tab at the right top side of the page and send them an email. The emails usually go to the people who can get it to Sprint's Corporate Office.
    Last edited by mslady72; 08-22-09 at 03:05 PM.
    08-22-09 03:00 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD