Is it safe to say if I keep .419 on my Tour, I would not have any problems bringing it into a Sprint store for maintenance on my trackball?

Or do I have to have an official OS installed on my Tour before they do any work on it?
    02-16-10 04:01 PM
    Probably a good idea to have the "official" OS installed.

I think it just depends on the technician you get. Some may be cool about it, some may report you for using un-approved software.
    02-16-10 04:12 PM
    I agree, not that they would check what os your running to change a trackball. But they may. It is pretty labor intensive to change the trackball on the tour.
    02-16-10 04:19 PM
    I didn't even think about that. You might luck out and they won't even check the OS... I guess there's not really any need to unless the OS has something to do with a bad trackball.

I've obviously never had a Tour trackball issue.
    02-16-10 04:21 PM
    I was told that trackball issues are very common, but because I was told when my trackball went out that the techs are not allow to open the phone to fix it. Its an agreement between BB and Sprint (dont know about other carriers) that they cant open the phone. So I was given a replacement in the store.
    02-16-10 05:54 PM
    I was told that trackball issues are very common, but because I was told when my trackball went out that the techs are not allow to open the phone to fix it. Its an agreement between BB and Sprint (dont know about other carriers) that they cant open the phone. So I was given a replacement in the store.
    When I brought mine to the Vzw store, they told me there was no way to replace the trackball and they would just send me one out in a day or two.
    02-16-10 06:00 PM
    When I brought mine to the Vzw store, they told me there was no way to replace the trackball

Thats because they are S T U P I D.. Ha ha tell them they should watch it done on youtube lol
    02-16-10 06:07 PM
    The Sprint Techs are not authorized to change the trackballs on The TOURS at all!!! All they can do is switch it out for another one!! I called and asked. THEY AREN'T SUPPOSE TO TOUCH THEM!! It will void your warranty!!!
    02-16-10 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD