I set different ringtones for SMS messages, MMS messages, e-mail, ringtone, etc. that are the same for all my contacts. The different notification sounds worked as they should until I began adding e-mail addresses to the contacts in my list. Now, the same sound plays for a text message and an e-mail for the people I have an e-mail listed for in my contacts list. It's the sound that I set up as my e-mail notification sound. I do not want this to happen. I want all my texts to sound the same and different from my emails which I want to all sound the same for everyone not just the people who don't have their e-mail address listed in my contacts list. Hope that makes sense...I appreciate any help you can give me!
    01-25-10 08:04 PM
    Under "contact alerts" in your sound profile, you'll probably find that all the people that you added emails to are in there creating the problem you speak of. It happened to me when I added a bunch of emails to existing contacts. Just delete them from contact alerts (this will not affect the actual contact) and the problem should be solved.
    01-26-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD