not sure what to do. trade my storm for tour?
07-08-09 03:31 PM
- so i currently have the storm and have had several replacements to this point. i also have one pending (waiting for it to arrive at my house) the issues have been pretty standard in terms of the phone. the initial 2 had screen click issues, and this one has had OS/battery life issues no matter what. i fought through them till this screen started to go and the dust became a major annoyance despite use of a case and holster.
at this point i'm getting really annoyed with the storm. i'm trying to enjoy it but things just bother me. the last rep i spoke with said that if the next replacement doesn't work properly, said i had 2 options, get a NEW storm or get an omnia. i asked "why an omnia?". he proceeds to tell me how its the most comparable to the storm. ok so its a touchscreen smartphone. to me thats as far as the comparisons go. windows mobile is a crap OS to me. i just hate it.
so i ask about hte tour. he tells me the best he can do is offer me the 2yr price but i'd have to sign up for another 2 years. i'm stuck in a pickle and not sure where to go from here....07-06-09 10:25 AM
- well the guy i spoke with claims that the comparable phone to the storm is the omnia, not the tour. which if i want the tour i'd have to start a new 2 yr contract and the 199 price.
which i could already do if i really wanted because i can use my dad's upgrade and do the swap that way (family plan).07-06-09 10:43 AM
- i would take the offer on the tour because your problems with the storm are likely to get worse... or if you really don't want to sign another 2 year contract then speak to a different verizon rep and tell them your situation and see if they can help you out by maybe just trading your storm for the tour07-07-09 11:00 AM
- From the information I have gathered.. (Im in the same dilema) You can also downgrade to a curve but again this varies with Verizon CSR. Ive been through about 10 and can't get any solid answers they all have different ideas and standards. Try calling over and over until you find a decent one who understands. Most are under the dumb belief that this phone works. Good luck to you my friend07-07-09 12:14 PM
- so yesterday,after finding out that the person i spoke with thought the omnia was the most comparable phone and put notes on my account if thats what i wanted to do, i went to the online chat.
what i did was simply ask the person i got, what the most comparable phone to the storm would be. they said the tour.
with that knowledge, next time i call, most likely after the tour drops, ill ask them what the most comparable phone to the storm would be. mind you i would do this before disclosing account information so they can't see the notes on the account.
that way i have them saying the tour. theres no reason why i should be forced to give up the blackberry features that i love because the hardware didn't cut it.
thats just where im currently at with this whole thing.07-07-09 12:24 PM
- I can tell you, I caved and bought the Omnia at Christmas and used it until Valentines Day. As bad as the Storm can be, it doesn't compare to how bad the Omnia was. You can't type without the stylus or the optical mouse. The keys are too close together. The battery drained halfway through everyday, no apps, and worst of all, Windows Mobile.
I just bought a Pink Curve on Eday tonight because I am so sick of my Storm screen crunching when I "click" it. This is my 3rd one so far. Hopefully I'll enjoy my Curve until November when I can get the Tour with one of my upgrades.
Good luck!07-07-09 09:48 PM
i just called in to CS and spoke with an extremely helpful rep. i had a brief conversation in regards to the comparison of storm and the omnia that i was offered previously. she was trying to tell me about why it was probably made to me. basically the rep felt i wanted to continue with a touchscreen phone. which is purely not the case, that is what has provided the main source of troubles all along.
so we spoke some more and got her to question about a swap for the tour. she spoke with her supervisor and since my offer was from an executive relations member, they have more power so they have to contact him to see if the new option is viable.
i'm just awaiting a follow up call in regards to it.07-08-09 12:00 PM
- If that doesn't work go to Planetfeedback.com and send in a letter telling about your issues. Then you will get a call from the Executive Relations Manager in your area and they are very willing to help you out and find the best solution to keep you a happy customer. The website really does work trust me.07-08-09 12:21 PM
- If that doesn't work go to Planetfeedback.com and send in a letter telling about your issues. Then you will get a call from the Executive Relations Manager in your area and they are very willing to help you out and find the best solution to keep you a happy customer. The website really does work trust me.07-08-09 12:31 PM
- From my understanding Verizon CC reps are kinda brainwashed into doing as they are told Via e-mails, meetings, and company procedures. So it's understandable if you get differing options as I have too. I have a personal friend that works a as a supervisor there and she is pretty high up and I tell you what they get very little direction sometimes but in this case my phone has been crappy too and will make sure to get the TOUR. She told me to continue to push the point as someone will cave in as they want their customer service/satisfaction to be #1. Is this always possible....No Way, but just be persistant is your only option to get out of a proto-type phone(Storm) that they have planed on replacing since it's launch.07-08-09 03:31 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Tour 9630
not sure what to do. trade my storm for tour?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD