lets start by saying that i think i set the bar to hi for this phone. after waiting months for a new phone i finally used my new every two on the tour. but after a week of playing with it i think that i should have jumped ship and went with att and the bold. the phone is to buggey, it freezes, the battery flat out sucks, and the call quality isn't good. im am a verizon custy.. o and did i mention i have had several dropped calls.. now i have only played with the bold in the store but i think i would have liked that a lot better. i think a lot of you are giving this thing way to high a review just cause you all wanted a bb with a keypad on a cdma carrier. to end this i am gonna say rim needs to take there time and put a good quality product and compete or get left in the dust by apple or palm......

ps let me know if you want to buy a 16g memory card and car charger
    07-24-09 09:51 PM
    Get a replacement?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:56 PM
    All software will have bugs, nothing it perfect. This phone is exponentially better than the storm was at release. I would recommend you give it more time, and exchange your device if your having HW issues with it. If you do decide to leave anyway, good luck with att.
    07-24-09 10:10 PM
    I like the tour overall but I am having a bit of buyers remorse as it isn't too different from my curve. I don't leave the US.
    07-24-09 10:12 PM
    The Tour is a Beast!

07-24-09 10:17 PM
    Grab the Bold on AT&T its a great phone. I think a lot of Tour owners are happy and give it great reviews because it has lived up to its expectations. Is it an earth shattering revolutionary phone? No. Its a solid and reliable brand new blackberry.

07-24-09 10:25 PM
    yep...go for the bold and at&t. you will have a blast!!!
    07-24-09 10:51 PM
    I switched from the bold. Believe me, if you think you're having dropped call issues now, have fun with ATT. They canceled my contract ETF free because they couldn't solve the problem.

07-24-09 11:05 PM
    I'm seriously considering returning my Tour for a refund and reinstate my NE2 credit as well.

The Tour isn't that much of an improvement over the 8330 I have IMO. At least not enough to commit for another 2 years, with more and possibly better BBs coming out.

To the OP, if you go over to AT&T talk to other people who have AT&T first to make sure they offer adequate coverage.
    07-24-09 11:11 PM
    I would recommend getting a replacement first and see if the second one works better. I had a problem with the first one and now that I just received the second on...I LOVE IT! I've been on this phone all day since I received the replacement and it has given me no problems. I pray that it stays that way.
    07-24-09 11:54 PM
    I got my Tour on day 1 and I love it. Best phone I've ever had. I'd recommend getting it replaced with another Tour first, you may have gotten a bad egg.
    07-25-09 12:05 AM
    What is the point of these threads ? Do you post them so we can somehow try to convince you to keep the phone ?
    07-25-09 12:08 AM
    LMAO @ going to ATT because VZW has dropped calls... You just wait till you cross over, then you'll know the real definition of Dropped Calls....
    07-25-09 12:19 AM
    I wouldn't switch to any phone ATT has if it meant leaving Verizon, the coverage difference is just too much of a hurdle.
    07-25-09 12:56 AM
    Uhh I certainly didn't get the tour because it's a full keyboard BB for a CDMA carrier...my carrier isn't even CDMA. I could have gone with any BB I wanted and I decided to go with this one. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but there are many of us who are completely satisfied with our working and non buggy Tours...

07-25-09 01:08 AM
    LMAO @ going to ATT because VZW has dropped calls... You just wait till you cross over, then you'll know the real definition of Dropped Calls....
    LOL.. the irony. it must be a joke. Who actually would leave Verizon cause of coverage/dropped calls issues?
    07-25-09 01:20 AM
    It's called an exchange. You take your crappy Tour into VZW and tell them about the problems it has. They give you a new one and viola! Problem solved. Although, if you think the Bold will pay your bills and make you a sandwich, then by all means! Go for it!

Btw, my battery on my 1st Tour sucked so I exchanged it. Did a 12hr charge on my new one and it's so much better (I know a long charge isn't necessary, but it works for me).
    07-25-09 01:58 AM
    You should really get it exchanged!!!!! I hated my first tour but my second one is amazing nothing is wrong with it and in my opinion its my fav blackberry for now!!!!!!
    07-25-09 04:04 AM
    Love it! Like any new BB launch some os issues are gonna come up. Updates will address this. My Tour has been great so far and the screen res is fantastic. Other than that...it's a BB. I've had about 5 different models now and know what to expect and understand how BBs work. Some of the newbies should invest a bit of time in these forums and blogs to better understand what BBs are all about. They really don't differ a whole lot model to model on functionality. It's mainly in the ergonomics and what satisfies you visually.
    07-25-09 05:34 AM
    I switched for the 1st time in 10 years from tour to the bold and in record speed the very next day i had to have the coverage back with verizon,talk about dropped calls,almost every other>

glad to be back to vzw!!!
    07-25-09 06:03 AM
    TAKE IT BACK! Honestly, unless you are going to do something about it to create a result for yourself stop complaining.

07-25-09 06:42 AM
    i think a lot of you are giving this thing way to high a review just cause you all wanted a bb with a keypad on a cdma carrier. to end this i am gonna say rim needs to take there time and put a good quality product and compete or get left in the dust by apple or palm......

I believe each have their own expectations of what they want and are willing to accept. For example the battery door, call reception VZW vs AT&T and on and on and on. I agree nothing is perfect and no matter what wireless carrier or device we select there are tradeoffs. This said ... I am on my third Tour and it seems to be working as it should... finally! The question I have is why so many returns? This is... clearly ... without a doubt ... a quality assurance problem. It has got to be eating into RIM and VZW profits. Hey...VZW customer service is IMO outstanding, pervious phones have been okay (VZW does take away capabilities other wireless providers leave in). I agree with the poster that RIM needs to take their time and put some past performance quality in their new devices. There was a time oh maybe 1.5 years ago when you purchased a RIM product, you knew you were getting quality. What happen? Thread after Thread more people than I expected are either returning and are receiving advice to return due to different problems associated with the Tour. Makes one wonder if it is worth rolling the dice hoping to receive a Tour which works as advertised on their initiation purchase! Let's see for me it was a 66% percent chance getting a defective device. ROLLING THE DICE with RIM today is just that take a chance.
    07-25-09 07:27 AM
    lets start by saying that i think i set the bar to hi for this phone. after waiting months for a new phone i finally used my new every two on the tour. but after a week of playing with it i think that i should have jumped ship and went with att and the bold. the phone is to buggey, it freezes, the battery flat out sucks, and the call quality isn't good. im am a verizon custy.. o and did i mention i have had several dropped calls.. now i have only played with the bold in the store but i think i would have liked that a lot better. i think a lot of you are giving this thing way to high a review just cause you all wanted a bb with a keypad on a cdma carrier. to end this i am gonna say rim needs to take there time and put a good quality product and compete or get left in the dust by apple or palm......

I think you should get a replacement. I felt the same way your feeling. I was so pissed. But I got a new one and it works great the battery door fits perfect a lot of bugs I was having with the media such as videos and songs starting over when I got a alert are now all fixed. I havent had a dropped call yet. But the first one I had dropped calls atleast 3 times a day. So get a new one and try it out and see if that works out for you. Good luck =)
    07-25-09 07:53 AM
    I switched from ATT to Verizon due to dropped calls and horrible treatment by customer service.

Before switching, search for a web site which evaluates the comparative signal strengths of the major carriers in your zip code to see which are best and worst.

You also have a 30 day grace period to return your phone and go back to the NET benefit (which I did with the Storm, by BTW because I experienced build quality issues with it).

07-25-09 08:27 AM
    You should really get it exchanged!!!!! I hated my first tour but my second one is amazing nothing is wrong with it and in my opinion its my fav blackberry for now!!!!!!
    Same here!
    07-25-09 08:29 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD