Can someone PLEASE help me?????? I updated my phone and at some point was asked if I wanted to receive notifications on my phone. I clicked no by accident. I don't remember where I did that and don't know how to get the notifications back.

Can anyone help me get it back? I clicked on "restore defaults" in the options section on the FB app but still nothing. I did a battery pull as well.

How do I get it back??? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 10:08 PM
    Can someone PLEASE help me?????? I updated my phone and at some point was asked if I wanted to receive notifications on my phone. I clicked no by accident. I don't remember where I did that and don't know how to get the notifications back.

Can anyone help me get it back? I clicked on "restore defaults" in the options section on the FB app but still nothing. I did a battery pull as well.

How do I get it back??? Thanks!

Oh gosh, I know what you are going through. Check your settings on Facebook on the PC and make sure that your email is set to receive notifications. Then make sure that email is one that you setup on your blackberry. If that doesn't help, switch away from Gmail as your notification account. I made a @vzw.blackberry.net email and used that and all my notifications came flooding in.

06-16-10 10:24 PM
    lately it hasnt been as consistent, i was hoping that was gonna be what this topic was about. Seems like about 25% of the time they arent coming right through or if at all.
    06-16-10 11:23 PM
    Yeah, mine has been acting up also. Sometimes I won't get any notification at all. Or when I get it reply the new notification won't come till like 1hr later or so (when the person has replied right away).
    06-16-10 11:43 PM
    Oh gosh, I know what you are going through. Check your settings on Facebook on the PC and make sure that your email is set to receive notifications. Then make sure that email is one that you setup on your blackberry. If that doesn't help, switch away from Gmail as your notification account. I made a @vzw.blackberry.net email and used that and all my notifications came flooding in.

So basically the email that I used to log in on FB should be the same email that's on my phone? I'm going to try. Is it even possible to change that online?

Thanks for your help!!

06-17-10 06:02 AM
    I'm up to date with my software. Checked settings. Everything checks out but still not receiving notifications. This is happening to a bunch of my FB friends who have BBs as well. It must be a FB or BB thing rather than our individual phones be the problem. BTW, I have a Storm 2.
    06-17-10 12:38 PM
    My notifications just stopped as well, and I'm not sure why. The only thing that was changed is that I had to change my password since it told me (on the PC) that I had signed on from a computer they didn't recognize. Then when I went to open FB on my BB, it asked me for the new password and I thought all was fine. But I'm not getting any more FB notifications...!?!?
    06-27-10 03:29 PM
    Ok, ironically as I typed the above reply, I look down at my phone and low and behold there's a FB notification!?! Go figure...
    06-27-10 03:36 PM
    i have been having issues lately also. Last week the ones that did come through were jacked up. Yesterday i swapped to my replacement 9650 now i'm not getting any at all. The FB/BB relationship hasn't been the best ever...so i'm not really sweating it. If it doesn't fix itself in a few days i'll poke around a little and see if i may have something goofed up.
    06-28-10 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD