Just bought the Tour. So far I love it, but I occasionally have the problem of the cursor on the screen freezing for about 30 seconds. Is that a known problem? If so how do I fix it? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 05:38 PM
    I'd really appreciate some help on this. It's driving me crazy. Is it something with the OS (I'm running 4.7.1.57) or what? My BB is still responsive to the BB button or anything else. The cursor on the screen just freezes. It can't be because the trackball is dirty. I just got the phone on Friday.

11-30-09 02:18 AM
    I'm sorry I can't offer help, can only say I'm having the same issue. What happens with mine is I will be scrolling at a normal pace, not speeding through, and it will freeze up for 10-30 seconds then work fine. Hopefully someone will post a helpful response.
    11-30-09 10:34 AM
    It is a common problem with the Tour. Sometimes going into your options and setting the trackball sensitivity down to 80x80 helps. I notice that if my hands are greasy or dirty it will cause this too. Also if I use it in the cold. I just wait it out or spin it around in all directions till it fixes itself.
    11-30-09 11:06 AM
    Mine does this on occasion when the memory gets low. After a quick pull it is fine

11-30-09 11:14 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like I'm gonna have to deal with it. Still love my Tour though.

11-30-09 12:46 PM
    This is one of the few Tour trackball issues that truly is OS-related. It usually strikes after a reboot when the phone is first started. Doesn't matter if you're running OS 4.7 or 5, the problem exists.
    11-30-09 12:54 PM
    Since doing the Offical Update 4.7.161 version, it now freezes from time to time. I just click the ball and it's off and running again. Hpefully with the next Official Update this will be resolved. Loving my Tour STILL.
    11-30-09 01:28 PM
    yes it happens

they will not be always so fast
    11-30-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD