Just now I made a 17 minute phone call and lost 16% on my battery. The other day I made a 14 minute phone call only to lose 15% of my battery.

Now I know talking on the phone uses your battery more than anything else, but this is too much in my opinion.

Btw I am running Driphters 6.4 hybrid, and was running fine for a week till I noticed this. This is also the 1st time I ever tried a hybrid, and I have to say it does run very smooth. Internet connection is fast as ever with no hiccups anywhere else.

Now I should be getting my 2600 mah battery any day now, so that will improve this drastically, but it still bugs me to see this much battery drain on one phone call.

Is this normal?
    03-04-10 04:17 PM
    The power consumed during a phone call is heavily influenced by the signal strength. If you are in a weak signal area, the phone will automatically boost its output power to compensate. With a strong signal, you can make calls at lower power levels.
    03-04-10 04:52 PM
    The power consumed during a phone call is heavily influenced by the signal strength. If you are in a weak signal area, the phone will automatically boost its output power to compensate. With a strong signal, you can make calls at lower power levels.
    4 bars out of 5 considered a weak signal? I had the Pearl 8130, and never had this much of a battery drain for being on the phone for this amount of time.

Different phone all together, I will give you that, but this is too much in my opinion. Hopefully the extended battery will help.
    03-04-10 04:56 PM
    No, I would consider 4/5 bars a good signal. But you are also correct in that you can't compare the battery life of a Pearl to a Tour. I bought a second standard life battery for my Tour and a quick charger. In a normal day's use, I swap the batteries in late afternoon, when I get down to about 20-30% remaining. The Tour with its faster processor, higher resolution display, and more memory, definitely uses more power. I'm running 4.7.1.61. I don't have any experience with hybrid OS battery life.
    03-04-10 05:00 PM
    That's it! No more talking on the phone for me lol. I am usually not a big talker anyways, but was on hold for a good 10 minutes trying to get my cable box to work.
    03-04-10 05:04 PM
    my tour doesn't like calls either. it can go for two days on one charge if i make minimal calls. as soon as i make a call for 30+ minutes, i lose 25% of my battery life.

i'm running the straight .419 pre-official build.
    03-04-10 05:09 PM
    my tour doesn't like calls either. it can go for two days on one charge if i make minimal calls. as soon as i make a call for 30+ minutes, i lose 25% of my battery life.

i'm running the straight .419 pre-official build.
    OK glad it is not me then. It is unfortunate that the 2600 battery makes your phone 3mm fatter, and that there are hardly any cases for the extended battery, but it looks like I have no choice.

It is either that or carry around another battery which I do not want to do in my line of work. The last thing I want to do on a roof 4 stories up is to start switching batteries lol.
    03-04-10 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD