i currently have the tour on sprints network, and my gf has verizon, i recently picked up another tour on the sprint network for cheep, and was wondering if there was a way to get it activated on the verizon network, i understand that she needs to update her plan, but my question is if at all possible cant this phone be used with verizon, and if so is the process for getting it to work hard/long... just so i know what im getting into...

thanks for all the help fellers!
    06-17-10 03:56 PM
    VZW won't accept another carrier's ESN. No CDMA carrier will.

If you are looking to pick up a device for your girlfriend, you'll have to find a VZW one.
    06-17-10 04:15 PM
    damn... thanks for the fast response!
    06-17-10 04:18 PM
    could post it up on craigslist and see if anyone want to trade a sprint branded tour for a vzw tour... just an idea...
    06-17-10 04:50 PM
    VZW won't accept another carrier's ESN. No CDMA carrier will.
    Anyone know why that is the case? I'm sure that it is the RULES but is there some critical tech issue that prevents it or merely a policy of the carriers.

I'm old enough to remember when you could not hook up any 3rd party phone equipment to your land lines - finally, that was overturned and obviously thousands of 3rd party devices, phones, speakers, etc can be hooked up to your phone line. It was a great monopoly while it lasted - you could have any phone as long as it was BELL, bakelite Black!
    06-17-10 08:14 PM
    Because people did it and paid out the nose for roaming because it wasn't flashed properly, so it started becoming crappy like that.
    06-18-10 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD