im thinking about sanding the bezel part of my tour and then using a paint marker to color it flat black...i know its probably a stupid question, but will it void the warranty??
    10-17-09 12:55 AM
    I do not know if it will void the warrenty, but it is going to be a pain to do. The paint will rub off fairly quickly if you use your phone a lot and you hands will get paint on them. It is up to you - but I would stay away from a bezel that is hand painted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 01:03 AM
    As with any product, any alterations or modifications performed by anyone other than a qualified factory representative voids the warranty. I've even heard stories that applying an adhesive screen protector voids the warranty.
    10-17-09 01:04 AM
    My local art store has a paint marker that won't rub off metal..so I was thinking of coloring the bezEl, but I'm having second thoughts because of thE warranty issue..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 01:33 AM
    I am certain it will void the warranty.

You could try stepping around it - get a new bezel, paint that and very carefully replace the original - using care when removing the screws and the "tamper" white sticky over one of the screws.

Then if you need warranty help, reverse the process.
    10-17-09 09:57 AM
    This was a topic with another phone I had before getting the Tour and if you had a VZW device it would absolutely void the warranty, but you're with Sprint so my answer doesn't help.
    10-17-09 10:06 AM
    whats the easiest way to take out the white paper over the screw??
    10-17-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD